The Regional Sales Manager plans, directs, and controls the sales of Delta Controls product, peripherals and services in a specific geographic region or market segment, and also develops new pull-through business within that region in conjunction with the Delta Controls Partnership.
The successful candidate is expected to be based in North America within the “US East” region, which is comprised of New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, Virginia, Massachusetts, Michigan, Maryland, Connecticut, New Hampshire, West Virginia, Delaware, Rhode Island, Maine, Vermont, and the District of Columbia.
US East Region
About Delta Controls
Delta Controls is the benchmark for building controls manufacturers, being one of the most respected organizations in our industry, with more than 300 installers in over 80 countries. For more than three decades Delta Controls has offered innovative and exciting building automation solutions for commercial, healthcare, education, leisure buildings and more. As industry leaders, our track record includes delivering the world’s first fully integrated native BACnet building solution encompassing HVAC, lighting and access products.
As part of Delta Electronics Inc. a $7+ billion USD organization, Delta Controls is able to bring some of the most energy efficient and sustainable solutions to buildings around the world, helping them with their vision of developing technologies aimed at reducing global warming and ensuring a sustainable future for mankind. Delta Electronics products includes a comprehensive range of variable frequency drives, industrial automation, UPS, visualization displays, LED lighting and renewable energy solutions.
- Drive the growth of the existing Delta Controls Partners in the territory, while increasing the number of Delta Partners as necessary
- Manage the penetration into each vertical market and type of contract
- Look for new Partners in related but converging industries such as access control, lighting and any other IoT related industries
- Develop regional sales objectives, plans, programs, and budgets
- Direct sales operations through a combination of direct sales activities to key stakeholder customer groups and through the sales arm of Delta Controls' independent distributor network
- Generate new business through the promotion of Delta Controls, Delta Electronics products.
- Ensure that distributor sales teams are equipped with the necessary tools to contribute to the regional and company growth objectives
Provide sales support for existing Partners including:
- Participate with Partners in major sales presentations to key stakeholder groups
- Participate with Partners in local trade shows
- Represent Delta in National trade shows
- Provide Partners with sales ideas and strategies to help them profitably compete
- Assist Partners with specification review/writing to gain competitive advantages
- Deliver ongoing training while interacting with all Partner personnel
- Collect and distribute competitive information to assist Partners' efforts
- Provide kick-off sales training and market introductions for Partners
- Evaluate existing Partners' sales performance versus commitments and market opportunities
- Make adjustments to territories, multipliers and sales quotas as necessary to maintain acceptable growth, market representation and market penetration
- Assist in developing, discovering and disseminating sales tools that help Partners be more productive and competitive
- Define vertical markets and develop business development initiatives for same
- Perform traffic control between Partners when required by overlapping markets or national accounts
- Explore, evaluate and recruit new Delta Partners for unrepresented or under-represented markets
Main skills required:
- Proven track record in delivering agreed-upon regional sales objectives
- Professional selling skills and proven consultative selling skills
- Proven ability to influence/drive/motivate a sales organization where no reporting relationship exists
- A minimum of ten years' industry specific experience
- Excellent communication skills with a demonstrable record of communicating to all levels of the organization and customers
- Experience in negotiating contracts, building relationships with key accounts, as well as a full understanding of systems integration across all markets
- Extensive travel is expected to fulfill this role successfully
Years of relevant experience required:
Number of openings:
In addition to the competitive compensation package, we also offer retirement savings with employer matching and a comprehensive group health and dental benefits.
To apply, go to our careers site at https://careers.deltacontrolsgroup.com . Complete or update your profile and submit your application online. Next, go to the applied jobs list to ensure your application has been fully processed. You are also welcome to add or manage job alerts within your candidate account.
Must be legally-entitled to work in the country where the job is offered, for any employer, without requiring sponsorship. While we will consider all applications, only those short-listed for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please. No outside agencies or recruiters, please.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.