Regional Distribution Manager Sensing & Internet of Things (IoT)
Honeywell Sensing & IoT is a leading global supplier of standard and custom-engineered Electromechanical Switches, Electronic Sensors, Gas Sensors, Barcode Scan-Engines and Test & Measurement Sensors.
With more than 50,000 products ranging from snap action, limit, toggle and pressure switches to pressure, position, speed and airflow sensors, Honeywell Sensing & IoT has a product portfolio to meet any industry’s requirements and any company’s needs.
On top of our impressive product line, we also bring to bear engineering expertise and value-added capabilities no other company offers. While our switch and sensor solutions meet a wide array of basic and complex applications, our custom-engineered solutions offer enhanced precision, repeatability and ruggedness for each industry of our expertise.
Our clear focus is around Aerospace, Transportation, Medical, Industrial and Test & Measurement applications, where our switches and sensors are a key component of the total solution.
With our extensive application experience and high performance products, we are able to create compelling and unique value propositions for our customers. Paired with our global sourcing and manufacturing capabilities and a superior technical and customer support organization, we are able to drive the difference.
We are currently seeking a
Regional Distribution Manager
. As a Regional Distribution Manager for Honeywell, you will be responsible for managing a set of assigned local distributor branches to drive new business opportunities, ensuring effective retention and fulfillment of existing business in a growth oriented, fast-paced environment.
• Manage regional distributors and the branch offices of the national distributors
• Develop distributor goals and plans on an annual basis
• Manage distributors in assigned geographic territory, ensuring revenue targets are achieved
• Drive regular business reviews with distributors
• Own the distributors lead generation and new business opportunity (NBO) creation programs
• Drive the corporate strategy to the branch level
• Serve as liaison between local distributor branches and Honeywell sales resources, pulling in support when NBO’s are identified
• Develop relationships w/ distributors through training, coaching and management
• Increase penetration of Honeywell products/services into distributor base
• Communicate Honeywell value propositions, products and services
• Co-sell w/ distributor reps where appropriate; coordinates additional Honeywell support. Manage channel conflict between branches.
• Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of field sales experience in a technical or electronic environment
High School Diploma with 8+ years of field sales experience in a technical or electronic environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Electronics, Physics, or other related technical field preferred
• Experience working in a team selling environment (Business Development/New Account focus desired)
• Ability to translate customer requirements into product offerings
• Exceptional track record of identifying new business opportunities
• Understanding of how to apply products/solutions to fulfill customer needs in new markets
• Keen understanding of customer decision-making processes
• Ability to quickly identify, define, and articulate business winning strategies (price, capabilities, etc.)
• Knowledge and/or interest and ability to learn Sensors and Controls products and markets
• Strong relationship-building and influencing skills – ability to gain trust quickly
• Ability to coordinate and co-sell with internal sales resources
• Adept at quick thinking and ability answer questions and problem solve in the field
• Advanced written/verbal communication and negotiation skills
• Willingness to travel 75%+ of the time
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.