Innovation is a cornerstone of Ecolab’s growth. As part of our global Research, Development & Engineering team, you will be inspired by our purpose, to the make the world cleaner, safer and healthier. Join our team of over 1,600 innovators dedicated to helping our customers meet their goals through innovative and effective science, technology, service and insights.
Together, we deploy unlimited resourcefulness to help businesses thrive and ensure the availability of the world’s most precious natural resources for future generations. You will work in a collaborative, customer-focused environment where your voice matters, your contributions are rewarded and you can make an impact.
It’s time your talents took off – join our team and experience more.
Ecolab is looking for a Software Engineer Intern to help develop technologies that will change how users connect, process, analyze, and service digital automation solutions as we create clean water, safe food, abundant energy, and healthy environments. The candidate should have a solid technology foundation. Some of the technologies she/he will be working on include wireless communications, mobile applications, web applications, user interface design, networking, cyber security, data analytics, database design, and industrial automation. The candidate will work on specific IoT projects as we deliver end to end digital solutions helping our fast-paced businesses grow and evolve. The candidate will join an experienced software development team that is supportive and conducive to personal and professional growth. Facilities are located in Eagan, MN and Naperville, IL.
- Develop new applications that support Ecolab’s product offerings
- Participate in new product development by supporting global cross-functional teams and business units
- Communicate clearly with internal and external stake holders to connect business needs to technology solutions
- Ensure compliance with design criteria, standards, and requirements
- Test, evaluate, and analyze systems to validate performance and reliability
- Working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, computer & information systems or electrical engineering
- Experience developing on any of the following operating systems: Linux/Unix, Windows, Mac OS X, iOS, or Android
- Experience developing software in one or more of the following languages: C, C++, C#, Objective-C, or Java
- Experience in building mobile applications for iOS or Android
- Legal authorization to work in the United States now or in the future without any sponsorship
- Experience with web technologies such as HTML, XML, REST, SOAP, Node.js or JSON
- Experience with mobile technologies such as Swift
- Experience with cloud based architectures such as Microsoft Azure utilizing AMQP, AVRO, or Amazon Web Services
- Effective organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team while handling multiple tasks or projects
A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. With 2015 sales of $13.5 billion and 47,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions and on-site service to promote safe food, maintain clean environments, optimize water and energy use and improve operational efficiencies for customers in the food, healthcare, energy, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world. For more Ecolab news and information, visit www.ecolab.com .
Follow us on Twitter @ecolab , Facebook at facebook.com/ecolab or LinkedIn at linkedin.com/company/ecolab .
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.