The Global Public Policy Development (PPD) team in coordination with Government Affairs (GA) establishes PepsiCo's public policy agenda and drives the development of strong policy positions that address key issues facing the business. These leaders would welcome the opportunity to meet with employees, like you, who are interested to learn more about the organization and open roles.
This position is primarily responsible for supporting the execution of the Public Policy Development strategy based in Purchase, New York. Reporting to the Director, Public Policy Development, Data and Analytics, this position will connect with internal subject matter experts to gather best practices and to coordinate consistent approaches to global policy risks and their mitigations.
- Connects with diverse internal subject matter experts to gather best practices, and to coordinate consistent approaches to global public policy risks and their mitigations
- Prepares briefs advising on the best approaches to specific regulatory and tax challenges, e.g. Extended Producer Responsibility, advertising and marketing, taxation, etc.
- Researches and creates collateral materials for internal and external stakeholders explaining various public policy issues and optional responses to these issues
- Creates horizon scanning and trend spotting briefs to identify opportunities for PepsiCo to take a leadership role in the food & beverage policy arena.
- MBA, MA, or PhD in Public Policy or a related field preferred; or a BA with extensive experience
- Experience analyzing potential policy positions; and synthesizing best practices into a common framework
- Strong familiarity with corporate public policy or government affairs issues
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to translate analytical findings into actionable solutions and processes
- Strong communication skills to manage information gathering requests, and to create compelling briefs and slide decks
- Results oriented with the ability to complete assignments in a timely manner
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint with the ability to quickly learn various in-house software applications
- Enjoys multifaceted projects and analytical challenges
- Highly proactive and able to navigate ambiguity and complexity while developing successful solutions
- Well-organized with strong attention to detail while working in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions, including comfort with supporting and interacting with senior executives
- Strong customer focused attitude
- Organized and self-motivated. Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet demands of a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law ( http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster ) & EEO is the Law Supplement ( http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement ) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency Statement
Job Ref: 106519BR
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.