Faraday Future, Inc.
Product Planner – Ecosystem Planning & Strategy
Product Strategy | Faraday Future
Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in sustainable transportation. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a global impact.
The Product Strategy team is focused on providing broad, strategic vision for the organizations products and identifying and evaluating new opportunities to enhance mobility for all. The individual in this position will leverage synergies of established strategic partnerships and seek to influence the integration of ecosystem (IoT) devices and services into the vehicle. This individual will understand the complexities of bringing smart mobility solution to market and has a strong technical and business background. Working closely with all areas of the business, the Product Planner will help formulate the company’s strategic vision. The Ecosystem Planner continuously evaluates product value throughout its lifecycle and makes strategic recommendations on how to enhance the products. This position will require cross-functional coordination and regular communications with Engineering, Marketing and Product Planning, and other pertinent business units to form an overall vehicle and feature strategy.
– Manage multiple projects simultaneously
– Market Research & Competitive Benchmark Studies
– Develop strategies to support the devices and services across multiple vehicle lines
– Define and prioritize ecosystem (IoT) devices and services to be integrated in future product launches
– Be a product owner and primary interface that transform business needs to technology and product requirements
– Serve as a subject matter expert to the department and other stakeholders on strategy partnerships
– Support Marketing and multiple business unit understand ecosystem roadmap and strategy
– Identify new service opportunities with eco system partners. Works with business units, partners and internal engineering teams to bring new devices / services into the vehicle
– Ownership definition, requirements, design, functionality and performance
– Drive product requirements definition, product planning and product design of new product features and enhancements
– Identify partnership opportunities with key companies
– At least 3-5 years’ experience in Advanced Product Planning, Product Management/Marketing, Market Research, and/or Consumer Insight in Automotive, IT, Smart Phones, or Internet of Things
– 2 years’ experience applying technical skills in corporate strategy and business development, specifically with regards to analytical, financial, and valuation assessment skills
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
– Strong user focus: Ability to analyze user data, identify user experience factors, trends in customer needs and preferences and translate them into technical requirements and solutions.
– Product planning and strategy development capability, including understanding of technical constraints, financial implications and costs, lead times.
– Knowledge in in-vehicle as well as IT technologies used in automotive telematics/ADAS systems.
– Lead complex, broad product strategic planning and projects, and provide highly innovative and practical solutions.
– Identify and prevent risks, generate alternatives, and implement creative approaches to complex problems.
– Design recommendations for cost effective resolutions needing field expertise.
– Work diligently to meet schedules.
– Quantify risks and fully understand priorities in terms of task/project execution, reducing erroneous decisions that would seriously jeopardize planning.
– Accountable for planning, strategy, projects and business processes.
– Integrate multiple disciplines and functions to solve complex problems while balancing resources, schedules, and financial factors, making decisions that impact the overall success of functional groups or company operations.
– Establish and follow technical documentation requirements.
– Understand priorities and resource constrains and identifies and overcomes barriers.
– Understand how the team supports and impact customers and how business product/project strategy impact customers.
– Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University in Marketing, Economics, Accounting, Business, Finance or other analytical field
· Demonstrated innovation expertise
· Insight discovery/customer understanding
· Global strategy and “big idea” development
· Concept development and qualification
· Critical thinking and structured communication
· Global idea pipeline creation
· Ability to influence and collaborate across functions
· Global management/leadership
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Auto industry experience
· Consumer electronics experience
Perks + Benefits
· Stock options for every employee
· Healthcare + dental + vision benefits
· 401k options
· Engineering orientation + onboarding
· Free catered lunches + food trucks daily
· Healthy snacks + beverages 24/7
· 15 days of annual paid time off + 10 paid holidays + 8 days off during the year-end holiday shutdown
· Relocation assistance + reimbursement
· Free parking + carpool reimbursement
· Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
· Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
· Social events + happy hours + team parties
· “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team
Travel local and or out-of-town may be required.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.