American Innovations protects people and the environment by providing proven compliance solutions to oil and gas professionals from the field to the office. More than 30 years of experience drives innovative solutions that address the need for efficient data collection, reporting and analysis – an integrated family of hardware, software and professional services backed by relentless customer service.
Our product managers enjoy the opportunity to manage a variety of product types including client/server software, software-as-a-service, mobile hardware and software, specialized hardware, and services. This is a great time to join AI – we are the leader in our core market, and are rolling out our next generation of products now.
We are seeking a Product Manager to help grow our remote monitoring / M2M / Internet of Things (IoT) line of business which includes embedded hardware and web applications. This individual will work with our sales team and customers to define differentiated solutions, the development team to generate requirements and roadmaps, as well as marketing to generate leads for their products. The ideal candidate is able to operate at deep technical level but also able to see the whole business and act as a champion for his or her products.
- Identify and quantify growth opportunities for a set of products and services. Clearly describe the market opportunity, positioning, user stories, competitive solutions and requirements to build on our current successes.
- Develop a clear product roadmap based on input from customers, sales, service, development, competitive analysis and regulatory trends. Ensure that the product roadmap aligns with the company and product line vision.
- Generate awareness for our solutions to move prospects through the sales and marketing funnel. Ensure market messaging is consistent with product functionality and highlights competitive advantages. Use initiative, a deep understanding of marketing personas and buying behaviors to create winning newsletter articles, technical briefs, infographics, webinars, videos, social media posts, etc. Collaborate with the broader team on demand marketing programs.
- Play a lead role in our users’ group conference, tradeshows, conferences, advisory boards, and other customer activities. Creatively evangelize a set of products and services.
Professional qualities should include:
- Product management experience with business-to-business embedded hardware and web application solutions.
- Ability to simply explain complex products. Ability to boil down market knowledge into concrete actions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities and creativity.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical field plus 3 years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with analog and digital measurements, data acquisition sensors, IoT, M2M, SCADA, satellite and cellular communications, security, and web applications is highly preferred but not required.
- Experience in the oil and gas industry, pipeline integrity, cathodic protection is preferred but not required.
- Pragmatic Marketing training and certification is also preferred.
Personal qualities should include:
- Shares the company’s values of truth, trust, heart, service and relentless. Motivated by protecting people and the environment.
- Wants to grow our business, takes ownership, seeks accountability, and takes responsibility to solve problems.
- Prioritizes with conviction, thinks strategically and acts tactically, encourages and motivate others.
Is comfortable with some uncertainty and demonstrates creative problem-solving.
- Comfortable with up to 30% travel.
Interested candidates please apply here .
We protect people and the environment by helping customers safely and efficiently manage the world’s energy infrastructure.
12211 Technology Blvd.
Austin, TX 78727
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.