Connected solutions have been deployed in commercial applications such as Building Automation, Manufacturing, Transportation and Logistics for some time but the Internet of Things (IoT) represents a tremendous opportunity to make these solutions more accessible to the masses. Dell is uniquely positioned to capitalize on this trend with our customer focus, diverse hardware and software assets and our commitment to open, scalable solutions. Our end-to-end IoT solutions will be anchored on a strong edge strategy and our capabilities spanning from endpoints to analytics will be supplemented with technology and domain expertise through partnerships with Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) and Systems Integrators (SIs).
This is a newly-formed marketing position on a highly energized and experienced team within Dell’s IoT Business Unit. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall strategy and product lifecycle of security and system management offerings for our IoT infrastructure with a focus on our line of edge gateways and embedded PCs and considerations for the overall solution stack. The role will also require considerations for the needs of end customers’ IT and Operations Technology (OT) organizations and our ISV, SI and OEM partners. Visit
for more information on our comprehensive end-to-end IoT infrastructure offerings. Additional information about our IoT partner program can be found at
Specific responsibilities include driving strategy, planning and product management for security and manageability solutions for our IoT edge gateway and embedded PC offerings. This includes alignment with Dell factory-supported Operating Systems, Dell and partner software, and coordination of these offerings with the hardware platform product managers for launch (internally and externally), sustaining, and retirement as per Dell’s lifecycle processes. Additionally, this role will serve to drive our security and manageability technology partnerships including planning integration of these offerings with Dell IoT hardware and software and establishing monetization paths as appropriate.
Dell’s Marketing Vision is to be a world-class, innovative and customer-focused marketing organization that shapes our offerings, influences our stakeholder’s perceptions and behaviors, and drives growth and profitability. Dell provides boundless opportunities for lateral and upward mobility and growth. We have a Mentor Connect program that enables you to seek mentorship to support personal and professional development. Dell also has “Marketing University” that provides marketers tools and courses to develop and strengthen functional marketing skills, deepen technical expertise, enhance personal effectiveness, and strengthen leadership skills.
The ideal candidate will have the acumen to handle both complex and ambiguous situations and multiple responsibilities simultaneously – mixing long term projects with the urgency of immediate demands. The right individual will be self-motivated, a strong collaborator, able to think creatively, strong with numbers, and have the ability to work with others to find solutions, drive execution, and focus on results.
- Drive strategy, planning and lifecycle management for Dell IoT security and manageability offerings
- Coordinate with product managers for hardware, software and services offerings to define a holistic vision, including how our customers and ecosystem partners can integrate with Dell and partner security and manageability offerings
- Work with the OS and software development managers and engineering teams to ensure software plans are executed properly throughout the product lifecycle and achieve business case objectives, taking appropriate remedial action for misses. Participate in Agile development sprints for Dell software as needed.
- Collaborate with product managers to align security and manageability offerings to the launch strategy for IoT hardware with activities including promotion, placement, pricing guidance, sales and partner training, internal readiness checklists, supply and ramp plans, webstore readiness and more
- Work with extended teams to execute product launch plans, both in terms of software that is pre-loaded on Dell gateways and embedded PCs in Dell Factories and sold through other channels.
- Collaborate with the Dell IoT partner team to determine which security and system management partners we add to the portfolio and plan the offers accordingly. Help manage the communication and alignment of these partners with teams both within and outside of Dell (i.e. liaise with Canonical, Microsoft, and Wind River, Dell hardware and software teams and 3rd party technology providers).
- Assist in strategy and enablement for the monetization of offerings from our certified security and system management partners.
- Work with software partners to foster adoption of Dell hardware and software assets. Gather feedback for Dell software roadmap from partners and plan integration of key partner assets into Dell roadmap.
- Create sales training materials and assist the messaging team in the creation of software-focused collateral. Help sales and partners with customer briefings, in particular evangelizing our software and solution ecosystem
- Work with extended outbound marketing teams to ensure worldwide sales pipeline evolution
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline (Engineering, Business, Marketing, Product Marketing/ Planning) and 8-10+ years’ experience
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in IT security solutions, including working knowledge of areas such as user and device authentication, root of trust, data encryption at rest / in motion and network threat analytics
- Experience with principles of system management including network and device provisioning, managing inventory, OTA application and firmware updates, standards (e.g. OMCI, OAM, WMI), and both on-premise (e.g. Microsoft System Center) and cloud (e.g. Airwatch) consoles
- Direct experience in software planning and product management, preferably including Agile development practices
- Strong ability to plan and launch complex solutions leveraging hardware and software, developed both in-house and by 3
- Experience with products running embedded software stacks on operating systems such as Ubuntu, Microsoft Embedded/IoT and WindRiver
- Experience in business case development and project management
- Ability to work with functional teams including procurement, operations, sales, and marketing (AR, PR, web, advertising, promotions)
- Duties may require some work outside of normal business hours, attendance at after hour meetings, and business travel
- Subject matter expertise in the IoT and/or embedded PC market with long product lifecycles strongly preferred
- Familiarity with IoT software platform landscape, security and system management concerns of Operational Technology (OT) organizations and/or knowledge of Industrial IoT protocols and field busses (e.g. OPC-UA, EtherCAT, PROFINET, Modbus, BACnet, LWM2M)
- MBA Degree
Why work with us?
- Life at Dell means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.