Responsible for managing EcoNet platform & related controls product categories, driving system integration across divisions and product lines, delivering seamless contractor and homeowner EcoNet experience, establishing. Responsibilities include maintaining product life cycle & 5 year multi-generation product roadmaps, conducting competitive benchmarking exercises, identifying and filling product gaps, leading cross-functional teams to develop new products, leading projects through stage-gate PDP product development process, managing product cost and profitability, leading product cost-reduction activities, conducting voice of customer exercises, monitoring and adapting product portfolio strategy to changing industry regulations and market trends, leading product commercialization efforts, providing marketing support for product training, sales training, promotions, pricing and product literature. This position involves working collaboratively with marketing, engineering, purchasing, quality, & manufacturing to maintain existing product offering while developing new products.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (To perform within this position successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.)
- Oversee product life-cycle & mgmt., development, profitability and market share growth of assigned products categories.
- Lead cross-functional team on product development projects utilizing the Product Development Council and Product Development Process.
- Drive integration of EcoNet controls & technology at a system level across all Rheem divisions to meet short and long-term objectives
- Interface with the marketing & engineering teams to develop front-end & back-end software/hardware tools that provide users with a ease of use and a high-quality, high value EcoNet experience.
- Collaborate with business units, marketing, product management and sales to grow EcoNet adoption rate to meet short and long-term objectives
- Collaborate with engineering to drive cost reduction activities to maintain & grow product profitability.
- Lead competitive benchmarking activities to identify and address product gaps. These include product tear-downs, PEP process, customer surveys, online research and other benchmarking methodologies.
- Develop and maintain a 5 year multi-generation product road map
- Liaison with quality group to monitor product quality and warranty metrics. Assist in setting up and implementing product quality correction solutions and programs.
- Collaborate with other Rheem divisions to promote cross divisional partnerships in jointly developing products and new technologies and sharing best practices
- Develop product category dashboard and reports to monitor and drive growth in market share, unit volume, profitability, customer mix, product mix and market trends.
- Provide analysis regarding marketing programs, product portfolio enhancements for assigned products.
- Perform market research & customer sensing activities required to refine product designs.
- Lead marketing and commercialization activities for product launches
- Provide product leadership at customer and internal events & meetings
- Support the development and maintenance of product literature, product training, sales training, product pricing and product marketing materials
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in marketing, business management, engineering or related field
- Masters degree in marketing or business management preferred
- Min. of 5 years of experience in Product. Mgmt.
- Min. 10 years of combined experience in Product Mgmt., Marketing, Sales, Engineering or related field
- Knowledge of cloud services, mobile apps, and electronics in a marketing, sales or product management capacity
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Demonstrated marketing, product management and team leadership skills
- Strong customer facing and presentation skills
- Ability to lead across functions and divisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and computer skills
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Experience in any of following industries: home automation, energy management, consumer electronics, cloud services
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations: NA
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.