Title: Product Manager – Hardware Solutions
Location: Alpharetta, GA
ABOUT NCR CORPORATION
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. NCR’s assisted- and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, hospitality, gaming, public sector, telecom carrier and equipment organizations in more than 100 countries. NCR (www.ncr.com) is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia.
The position is that of a holistic product manager with responsibility for the development and realization of program business plans through all phases of a product lifecycle. Key activities include development of product requirements and value proposition, global pricing strategy, product roadmap, competitive analysis, lead cross-functional Solution Realization Team, drive cost reduction initiatives, as well as work directly with sales and marketing organizations to drive market share growth.
The Product Manager will be responsible for managing multiple hardware product offerings targeting various Hospitality and Retail industry segments. Candidate must have a results orientation and collaborate effectively with both internal and external organizations including Sales, Product Marketing, Finance, Engineering, Operations, Quality, and Services as well customers, partners and suppliers.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Leads cross-functional team in concept development, new product introduction and lifecycle management for assigned product categories
• Accountable for all program metrics, including development schedule, cost, unit sales, revenue, margin, product quality, market share and customer satisfaction
• Gathers, prioritizes and documents product requirements and validates value proposition
• Supports and works directly with global sales organization for product training, sales strategy, customer presentations and RFP responses
• Provides direction, content and support for product marketing efforts including trade shows, marketing programs, webinars, and sales collateral
• Performs competitive analysis and monitors market / technology trends
• Develops global pricing strategy
• Defines cost targets and manages cost reduction activities
• Strong leadership, project management and people skills required to motivate and direct a team of independent contributors from various functional areas including engineering, services, operations, supplier management and product marketing
• High energy level combined with good organization and multi-tasking skills necessary to achieve constantly changing mix of short, medium and long-term objectives. Ability to manage interruptions in schedule to respond to ad hoc sales queries, new customer opportunities and escalation of program issues
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills; business and decision modeling proficiency in Microsoft Excel required to develop and support recommendations
• Confidence and presentation skills needed to interact effectively with senior management, key customers and partners in both selling and problem-resolution scenarios
• Natural curiosity and self-motivation to learn and keep current on technical and market trends for assigned product categories in areas that impact cost drivers, user experience and performance
• Track record of delivering on commitments and producing high quality work
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Minimum of 3 years of related experience in Product Management, Marketing, Engineering, Operations or Sales
• Limited domestic and international travel required depending on program assignment, primarily to meet with customers/prospects, support trade shows or sales training
• Bachelor’s degree required; preferably Engineering degree, or Business degree combined with strong technical aptitude and interest
• MBA preferred
• 6+ years of related experience within the high tech industry
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver projects on time and on budget
• Technical knowledge of point-of-sale and computing technologies
• Experience in any of the following areas would be a plus: IOT, store/restaurant transformation technologies, electronic payments, patents, human factors engineering
• Ability to be creative as well as analytical, organized and detail oriented
Visit our careers site for a list of the benefits offered in your region in addition to a competitive base salary and strong work/family programs.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
STATEMENT TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.