This is our story
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
What part will you play?
- As a Product Manager, you will be a member of the world class CNN Digital Product Team which is responsible for creating industry-leading digital products enjoyed by millions of news consumers across the globe.
- The Emerging Platforms Product Manager will manage the development of new and existing products that exceeds and anticipates the needs of consumers while contributing to the achieve of CNN Worldwide's business goals.
- Multi-disciplined, cross-functional role to collaborate with key stakeholders to lead the product vision, strategy, roadmap, and delivery of best-in-class tools, products, platforms, and experiences across Internet of Things (IoT), smart homes, autos, mixed and augmented reality (AR/MR), interactive surfaces, and new, emerging and bleeding edge platforms and experiences.
What will you be doing?
- Quite simply, you will be responsible for delivering products in a successful manner, on time and on budget.
- Work with your next level manager and business stakeholders to articulate a product vision and roadmap
- Convert product roadmap into discrete requirements that can be used in the software estimation and delivery process
- Provide on-the-ground leadership of the activities required to bring products to fruition. Chief among these activities will be the management of an agile development process
- Lead sprint planning, manage feature prioritization and identify delivery dependencies
- Communicate status, blockers, risks, mitigation strategies to your next level manager and all partner teams as needed
- Coordinate and manage activities related to product launch
- Track and manage performance of launched product and consumer feedback. Understand performance of your product against stated objectives and goals.
- Keep abreast of trends, business and technology developments within your product domain and make recommendations for the product roadmap.
- Lead a team of cross functional resources through influence management to deliver your product
- Foster and create a culture of accountability, integrity, teamwork and open communication across all partner teams that are part of the product development and delivery life-cycle
What do we need from you?
- 2+ years of experience building consumer-facing, multi-platform, multi-media digital products
- Ability to articulate product ideas or features through story-boarding
- Ability to create functional requirement documentation that enable an agile development process
- Functional understanding of technologies and the role they play in the delivery of digital consumer news products
- Demonstrated ability to partner with multiple internal and external stakeholders to deliver your product
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and nimble environment which can pivot very quickly to reflect the changing needs of the company or industry
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong work ethic, integrity and collaborative approach to work
- Ability to think strategically and to translate ideas into actions
- Bachelors Degree or commensurate work experience
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2015 Best Company for
- An in-house
learning and development team
to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
See what it’s like to work at CNN!
Follow us on
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.