Eaton’s Electrical Residential Wiring Devices Division has an opening for a Product Manager – Controls and Connectivity. This position is located in Peachtree City, GA.
This position provides leadership in formulation of product line strategy and action programs to enhance sales growth and profitability including new business development for our controls & connectivity product line. The Product Manager must have strong knowledge of our customers (Architects, Engineers, Lighting Designers, Contractors, Distributors and Agents), as well as a thorough understanding of the dynamics of selling controls and connectivity devices. Duties include, but are not limited to, answering application questions, developing and implementing growth plans, providing sales support, conducting competitive/market analysis to drive product development efforts, support and development of training programs, and the development of marketing collateral to enable market penetration goals. Duties include providing marketing leadership in the Product Road-mapping, Strategy and Phase Gate ProLaunch process.
• Driving new product introductions through sourcing and/or new product concepts and development, as well as managing existing product categories to insure quality, market acceptability, financial performance, and completeness of offering.
• Develop, implement, and refine go-to-market strategies for all assigned product lines. Implement specific programs by product family that will increase field sales productivity, profitability, and market share including marketing campaigns, channel expansion, and sales force and channel training programs.
• Providing pricing guidelines and support, as well as participating in critical price negotiations.
• Creating effective training tools and materials, and participating in formal and informal training sessions with sales and support personnel, customers, specifying engineers, inspectors, and installers.
• Monitoring and influencing service and inventory levels to achieve customer delivery expectations.
• Providing 2nd tier technical support and guidance to the front-line Technical Support group.
• Championing new and refine existing processes to improve business performance; processes include: supply/demand management; scenario planning; forecasting; make vs buy; alignment with other functions; competitive analysis; pricing analysis
• Build and maintain database of market activity, competitor products, trends, and other developments that may impact our products and ability to sell them
• Develop the sales channels by field presence through visiting customers to understand current and future needs and to segment customers based on needs as well as drive demand for current product offerings.
• Assume a leadership role in cross-business collaboration to uncover business and technical synergies.
• Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product line, specifically around Internet of Things (IoT) concept
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements)
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 5 years experience in marketing, sales, supply chain or manufacturing
- Minimum 1 year experience in the Lighting Controls segment
- Minimum 1 year experience with wireless and rf communication protocols: Z-Wave, Zigbee, Bluetooth Low Energy and Wi-Fi
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Demonstrate ability to effectively manage and mentor Product Engineer in supporting role
- Ability to analyze the industry, integrate disparate information into a coherent story and actionable strategy
- Ability to lead and influence multifunctional team without direct reporting relationship
- Strong drive for results
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.