The newly formed Enterprise Intelligence Software (EIS) Business Unit at Zebra Technologies is looking for a skilled Product Owner for our team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for driving the software development process as an integral part of one or more EIS sprint teams. EIS is tasked with creating new and compelling software solutions for the Enterprise that leverage cloud-based systems, device data, and analytic insight. We are looking for a talented Product Owner, skilled at Agile and Scrum, to help us drive software for new business models and products for Zebra.
Using a deep understanding of cloud-based software and analytics — the Product Owner, Software Solutions, will help define and drive the implementation of the EIS roadmap. This role will be responsible for working with Product Managers and customers to identify, understand, and become expert at key domain problems, align them with high-level Requirements, and then elaborate them into User Stories for one or more sprint teams. This role will act as the domain expert for the teams and work closely with them to write high-quality, actionable User Stories and Acceptance Criteria.
The Product Owner will be responsible for being immediately available to all sprint team members, and work closely with them to clarify issues and help formulate the path forward for solutions, in accordance with higher-level Product Requirements delivered by Product Managers and customers. The success of this role will be evaluated based upon how timely and effectively the delivered User Stories align with and satisfy the Product Requirements, and how well the resultant product satisfies our customers in the marketplace, as well as our overall business goals.
This position reports directly to the Director of Product Management
- Contributing to the development of software strategy, roadmap and business plan for the BU.
- Making positive contributions as a key member of a distributed Product Management team.
- Synthesis of high-value User Stories for new and existing products.
- Working closely with software development teams to ensure your User Stories are delivered in deployed code, including high-quality Acceptance Criteria.
- Effective management of the Backlog for optimum feature velocity, in accordance with BU Product Plans and goals.
- Ensure alignment between your User Stories and higher-level Requirements.
- Tracking Key Success Metrics and reporting out to Management periodically.
- Product Launch and GTM partnership execution in conjunction with Marketing.
- Help identify and execute on third party partnerships to develop the software ecosystem and strengthen market placement.
- Business, technical and solution assessment of software / solutions to pursue.
- Strong partner to Engineering and Program Management in execution of software strategy.
- Help to identify and Improve tools and processes for software development and GTM initiatives.
- Thought leadership and spokesperson for both internal and external audiences as needed.
- Domain expertise in Manufacturing, Supply-chain, Retail, or Health Care industries is desired.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in Agile and Scrum software development methodologies required.
- Product solution positioning and selling experience desired.
- Proven track record in product management or software development delivering cloud-based software or analytics.
- Experience in mobile application development, preferably Android-based systems a plus.
- Expertise in architectures and technologies surrounding IoT – Cloud platforms, Big Data, Analytics, Machine Learning and/or Deep Learning techniques a plus.
- Cross functional partnership & leadership skills a plus.
- Strong written, oral and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in the area of Engineering and/or Software Development.
- 4 or more years of product management, software development, or solution engineering experience.
Refer a Friend Refer
Share with your network
Zebra is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, ancestry, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at 847.793.6772.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here . The EEO is the Law poster supplement is available here .
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.