At Thermo Fisher, our mission is to serve science and improve lives. The Emerging Technologies team is tasked with applying industry-best practices to the design, development, and deployment of world-class software products built to leverage the power and scalability of the cloud. We are looking for a Product and Solutions Management Lead with experience in cloud based software development within life sciences or related domains. The ideal candidate is someone who helps us drive innovative business solutions utilizing the next wave of emerging technologies such as cloud, IoT, advanced data processing, and rich analytics tool sets.
As a Product and Solutions Management Lead, you will be focused on delivering the highest quality solutions to customers within the shortest lead times. In a dynamic environment, this requires people with clear content authority to take responsibility for continuously defining, prioritizing, and validating requirements. You will work closely with development in short, integrated learning cycles, bringing the voice of the customer to the developers and the voice of development to the customer
You should be well versed and comfortable communicating and applying your deep architectural knowledge along with your practical solutions experience in a way that helps R&D, Product Management and Marketing teams with a wide variety of experience with visualizing and building highly advanced yet simple to use scientific applications and instrument connectivity on the cloud. You will be able to read your audience and adapt your style to achieve credibility quickly and help design sound solutions.
You are comfortable in a multi-tasking environment frequently interspersed with travel and meetings with a wide variety of groups, yet you also manage to find the time to dive in deep on technical research. Most of all, you are excited about the solutions and the dramatic influence they have on all of us.
- Understand Customer needs and validate solutions
- Constant interaction with internal customers: R&D, Marketing, Product Management
- Develop a network of experts throughout the organization, industry and suppliers
- Bring company and industry knowledge as well as creative technical skills to product creation; be a content, sub-discipline specialist across the company.
- Act as a mentor and provide direction to the product and verifying that the product meets customer needs
- Harness knowledge of customer cases and data analysis skills, develop innovative ideas and technologies to significantly improve Thermo Fisher Scientific’s software platform.
- Provide domain expertise in the area of IoT, instrumentation and services
- Identify and define required system interfaces and map dependencies
- Demonstrate understanding of companies internal and external customer needs and how they affect business unit products and services
- Maintain a high level of expertise through literature, competitor products & seminars
- Consult with internal and external stakeholders to characterize and improve the performance of our remote monitoring and instrument connectivity
- Develop project functional and non-functional requirements
- Document Requirements: maintain high level vision, constant product and solution backlog refinement and informal face to face communication with Agile teams
- Validate Requirements: involved with iteration and systems demos, acceptance criteria included, understand purpose
- Prioritize requirements and reprioritize as needs change, providing constant scope triage
- Schedule: oversee continuous near-term road mapping
- Manage delivery schedule, including frequent releases, whenever there is enough value
- Manage change: embrace change, adjust as needed within the iteration boundaries
- Drive the product backlog for development of software and solutions geared towards our instruments
- C ommunicate and present results to all levels of the organization including peers, senior management and internal customers as needed
- Participate throughout the software development life cycle, including backlog definition, testing, grooming, prioritization, roadmap and vision
- Actively work with multi-disciplinary team to help develop requirements and specifications
- Work closely with software test teams to actively identify & resolve quality issues throughout development.
- Collaborate with other software groups within Thermo Fisher to more effectively integrate the application into the company's software architecture and gain cooperation of others
- Contribute ideas and insights to develop new technologies, applications, techniques or procedures that are creative and practical
- Work with general guidance and determines approach to work, and exercise judgment within broadly defined practices and policies
- Make decisions within high-level assignment scope independently
- Identify and solve design problems of moderate to complex scope
- Independently plan and design solutions, involving potentially conflicting design requirements
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent) together with 9+ years software development experience or MS with 7+ years’ experience.
- Strong business acumen and experience with requirements definition is a must
- Background in designing and implementing cloud based data analysis and/or IoT is required.
- Experience with mobile and instrument embedded control or UI software is a must.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and IoT
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture, scalable SOAP web services, and security architecture is a plus
- Experience with a formal software development methodology such as the Agile/Scrum
- The candidate must possess strong analytical, troubleshooting, and communication skills, is comfortable working as part of a large cross-functional, geographically distributed team, and is prepared to work to aggressive timelines along iterative software development schedules.
- Must be self-starter, detail oriented, and highly motivated individual
- Ability to convey very complex information in both written and oral form to both non-technical and deeply technical audiences
- Systems experience (software/hardware/reagents) in biotech, medical device or life sciences industry
- Experience with architectures that satisfy regulated standards such as ISO 14385 or CFR Part II
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
- Working experience with SAFe framework
- CSM or CSPO certifications are a strong plus.
Location and Work Environment:
The position is located in Carlsbad, California. Thermo Fisher Scientific enjoys a relatively casual work environment, with open areas that foster collaboration. Like most places, we get very busy at times, but we value a healthy work/life balance.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.