Microsoft Cloud Infrastructure and Operations is the team behind the cloud. MCIO is responsible for delivering over 200 Microsoft web portals, Live and Online Services around the world including infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide. We are looking for a passionate, high energy individual to help build the network that powers the world’s largest online services.
Principal Infrastructure Data Scientist:
The Datacenter Architecture team at Microsoft is looking for a principal infrastructure data scientist to drive technical engineering and operational efficiency for our next generation datacenter designs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Principal Infrastructure Data Scientist is a key contributor to Microsoft’s datacenter design, helping to build a highly integrated system supported by data derived insight. This high visibility technical-leadership role will influence and advance Microsoft’s data center strategy while working collaboratively across teams and divisions to develop infrastructure design and strategy aligned to a common roadmap.
1. The successful candidate will be an industry leading infrastructure data scientist, with extensive experience working independently and with a team of engineering SMEs to unlock business value from big data. The candidate must have strong communications skills, and be passionate about developing deeper insight to improve the instrumentation, telemetry and business intelligence of Microsoft’s global datacenter footprint.
2. We are looking for principle data scientist to be devoted to deriving deep insight from vast sources of data including datacenter power, cooling and server cluster telemetry as well as capacity planning and platform software usage information to develop statistical models in R and to continuously refine the accuracy of these models globally.
3. We are looking for a dynamic, strategic thinker who will interact closely with many stakeholders including business group leaders, engineering teams, operations, as well as with outside vendors and suppliers to develop informed guidance and decision support capability to help optimize on-line services investments.
4. Candidate must also able to work collaboratively with key stakeholders and subject matter experts. She must possess the ability to prioritize assignments and work within a matrix team environment.
Skills & Qualifications
• Strong conceptual, analytical, and problem-solving abilities.
• The ability to implement models and tools through the use of modeling environments such Azure ML and R.
• Experience with very large-scale data.
• Very strong statistical knowledge, machine learning and data-modeling experience.
• Deep experience for unlocking information in big data to improve business insight.
• Ability to manage challenging expectations effectively and resolve conflicts efficiently.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communications (verbal and written) skills
• A self-direct individual with a relentless drive to improve the instrumentation, telemetry and business intelligence of Microsoft’s global datacenter footprint
• Foundational knowledge and or background in one or more of the following:
• Power and cooling control-plane: Research and define strategies and requirements for continuous improvement in operational telemetry and metrics spanning datacenter and IT infrastructure
• Industrial controls and building automation systems
• Facilities power delivery, power monitoring, UPS/ Energy storage solutions;
• Availability and reliability modeling including Failure tree analysis, reliability block diagrams, modeling and simulation (PLC/Relex, Etap, etc).
• Large-scale cooling systems, including free air cooling, chillers, cooling towers, in addition to vendor technologies for BMS and control systems. Familiarity with server cooling trends, modeling tools, CFD analysis and simulations. Experience working with Natural gas and fuel systems is a plus.
• Operations: Develop operational improvement strategies across hyper-scale runtime environments, maintenance and repair workflow and control plane processes.
• Ability to influence peers and leaders across organizational boundaries without positional authority.
• The ideal candidate should have an MS, (Ph.D preferred) in a quantitative areas such as Math, Operations Research, Quantitative Physics or a similar engineering field.
• 5+ years of data science experience with demonstrated excellence in big data analytics.
• Understanding and experience in leveraging big data for forecasting analytics.
• Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clear answer.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.