Leads and supports efforts to provide timely, relevant, and clean data to various groups within Disney inside and outside of Disney Studios. Identify, propose, develop, validate, and deploy innovative data insight systems to business partners within Disney Studios. Provide business insights by integrating data from disparate systems and services in maintainable ways and developing validated solutions to provide those insights. Provide support to other engineers in the form of solution identification, mentoring, automation and data or effort validation. Identify opportunities for data sharing and develop federated systems to supply that data. • 8+ years of software engineering 5+ years of large scale systems
- A strong knowledge of the Java programming language
- Working experience with Hadoop batch processing system and the map-reduce horizontally scalable paradigm • Experience with the Linux operating system
- Strong grounding in object oriented programming, aspect oriented programming, design patterns, concurrency, algorithms & data structures
- Development experience using service oriented architecture, JAX-RS and JAXB Strong ability to research solutions, processes, industry trends and best practices.
- Experience with alternative data processing platforms including Storm, Spark, Shark, Apache Mesos, Hive, PIG, and Apache Crunch
- Experience with an analytical approach to tuning models
- Experience with machine learning and machine learning libraries like Apache Mahout
- Experience with deployment environments and systems including Amazon Web Services & Chef
- Experience with diverse storage systems, platforms and methods including hBase, MongoDB, Apache Avro, PostgreSQL, Greenplum, Teradata
- Experience with data integration including Apache Camel, Spring Batch and Talend
- Experience with pilot application frameworks including Spring Roo, GWT 2.0, Portlets and Spring MVC
- Experience with disciplined development practices including using tools like Maven, TestNG, Findbugs, CheckStyle, Checker, Sonar, wikis, coding standards and Git
- Experience working in an evolved technical organization including contributing to and following coding guidelines, best practices, documenting, and presenting at brown bags, professional groups and conferences.
- Experienced in participating in scrum or other agile development environments.
BS Degree or equivalent work experience
StudiosTech This position is with the legal entity of Walt Disney Pictures.
The Walt Disney Studios is seeking a Principal Software Engineer Studio Technologies Data Services group supports leads efforts to provide timely, relevant, and clean data to various groups within Disney inside and outside of Disney Studios. The purpose of the opportunity is to identify, propose, develop, validate, and deploy innovative data insight systems to business partners within Disney Studios.
This position is with the legal entity of Walt Disney Pictures.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.