Primary Job Function
- This is a technical role with the candidate expected to be a critical contributor to building compelling informatics products within Abbott’s Diagnostics Division.
- The individual will develop software on informatics programs from concept through launch. She/he will also be responsible for supporting on-market products post-launch.
Core Job Responsibilities
- The individual will be responsible for design and development of applications using contemporary platform architectures such as Microservices, SOA (Service Oriented Architectures), Cloud Computing, Big Data, Web, Mobile, IOT, Distributed Computing other.
- She/he will be responsible for leading the execution of product features as part of a cross functional team.
- The individual is responsible for executing the various software development lifecycle (SDLC) activities – user stories, use cases, software requirements, design, development and design verification (incl. unit, functional and system testing).
- She/he is responsible for developing test plans and test cases for software components.
- The individual is responsible for root cause analysis including troubleshooting of informatics work products during development and for on-market products.
- She/he will be responsible for creating and maintaining documentation for the artifacts created during the SDLC.
- The individual will be responsible for ensuring the continuous improvement and evolution of software work products.
- The individual should independently conceive plans and implement development artifacts (requirements, analysis, design, documentation and software work products) as-needed to meet program goals.
- The individual may travel occasionally per needs of the assigned project.
Position Accountability / Scope
- The individual is responsible for the design, development and commercialization of informatics products in compliance with internal policies and procedures, both US and Foreign regulatory standards and requirements.
- She/he is accountable for leading the design and implementation of one or more features as assigned on individual programs.
- The individual will lead development efforts using Agile development frameworks such as Scrum or Kanban.
The individual will interact with project managers, product owners and R&D leadership on project scope, timeline, risks and budget.
The individual will work as part of cross-functional teams in Global Marketing, Research & Development, Information Technology, Quality, Operations, Regulatory and Business Development to deliver informatics products.
She/he will work with a broad range of technologists and support personnel both within and outside of Abbott.
Bachelor’s degree in one or more following disciplines: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Decision Sciences, Symbolic Systems, Informatics, Mathematics, Physics or Information Systems. An advanced degree in one of the above disciplines is preferred.
Minimum Experience / Training Required
Minimum of 6-8 years of experience at a startup, mid- to large-sized corporation is required. The candidate must have experience in developing and launching unique software / informatics products in one of the following industries: healthcare, defense or telecommunications.
A solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and contemporary design patterns/practices.
The candidate must have working knowledge in preferably Node.js and /or strong background in Java/ Scala/C#. Prior experience with UML is required.
The candidate must have working knowledge in either SQL (PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, other) or NoSQL (Dynamo, Redis, MongoDB, other).
Experience with web technologies (Angular.js, Node.js, D3.js, HTML5, CSS, ASP.net, REST or other)
Prior experience developing or working with Cloud-based technologies such as Amazon Web Services is highly desired.
JOB FAMILY: Engineering-Design Development
DIVISION: ADD Diagnostics
LOCATION: United States – Illinois – Lake Forest
WORK SHIFT: Standard
MEDICAL SURVEILLANCE: No
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link – English: http://220.127.116.11/content/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link – Espanol: http://18.104.22.168/content/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.