As the industry's leading supplier of microprocessor technology, ARM provides efficient, low-power chip intelligence making affordable, easy-to-use electronic innovations come to life. ARM engineers design and develop CPUs, graphics processors, complex system IP, supporting software development tools, and physical libraries. In a collaborative and innovative environment, ARM engineers create a design ecosystem which enables ARM partners to effectively design, validate, implement, and manufacture SoCs while achieving their target performance goals and minimizing cost and risk.
What will I be accountable for?
Now is a great time to join ARM’s Research group. We are currently seeking a highly motivated researcher to join our team in San Jose, California. Our architecture and systems research activities cover a wide range of disciplines including mobile and laptop personal computing and applications; server, cloud, and HPC computing; emerging memory technologies; interconnects; throughput and vector computing; formal design methods and security; exploiting parallelism with vector, SIMD, throughput, and multicore architecture; and machine learning and computer vision. We are seeking an individual with an established track record in one or more of these areas with demonstrated skills of innovative research and the ability to execute projects successfully. The available role is very technical and hands-on. Motivated research engineers have the opportunity to help shape an ecosystem of more than one thousand partners that ship over 10 billion leading-edge ARM-powered processors each year.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
The candidate should have strong system architecture and analysis skills including:
- MS degree or PhD in Computer Science / Computer Engineering is preferred
- BS degree in Computer Science / Computer Engineering may be considered for candidates with other project or work experience with essential skills
- Architecture and micro-architecture knowledge of CPU, GPU, and / or systems
- Microarchitecture / system performance analysis and simulation
- Workload development and analysis
- Strong programming skills with excellent problem-solving and debugging abilities
- Experience with software workloads, benchmarking, and bottleneck / performance analysis
The candidate should also have recognized expertise in one of the key research areas of the group:
- Security, on-chip and end-to-end from sensor to cloud
- Machine learning, computer vision, and neural networks
- SoC system architecture
- Heterogeneous computing
- Multi-processing and parallel computing
- Virtualization and related memory system optimization
- Experience in coding for SIMD and / or vector optimizations
- Experience with graph analytics
- Scale-up / scale-out interconnect
- Systems software (OS, runtimes, compilers)
- Programmable hardware accelerators
- Algorithms for engineering or science workloads
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
We are proud to have a set of behaviors that differentiate our talent in the marketplace. These are embedded in all our roles and applicants are encouraged to evidence their attitudes/behaviors as part of the application process:
- Operates effectively and openly in teams and shares both knowledge and success with others
- Builds strong and lasting relationships based on mutual trust
- Actively seeks out and encourages alternative viewpoints and ideas
- Applies critical thinking to select the best way forward
- Demonstrates a positive attitude in gaining insight from team experiences and is receptive to feedback
- Is passionate about the success of others and actively provides support for their development
- Listens and explores alternative perspectives before carefully shaping work that will deliver impactful results
- Persuades rather than pushes when influencing colleagues
- Acts with a thoughtful sense of urgency
- Demonstrates a helpful, can-do attitude
- Thinks and acts in the best interests of our customers and partners
- Strives to achieve win-win outcomes for ARM and our customers
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.