Principal Engineer – Data Analytics/Machine Learning
Huawei is a leading global information and communications technology (ICT) solutions provider. Through our dedication to customer-centric innovation and strong partnerships, we have established end-to-end advantages in telecom networks, devices and cloud computing. We are committed to creating maximum value for telecom operators, enterprises and consumers by providing competitive solutions and services. Our products and solutions have been deployed in over 170 countries, serving more than one third of the world’s population. Huawei has over 150,000 employees, approximately 70,000 of which are engaged in Research & development. Huawei operates a global network of 14 regional headquarters, 16 R&D Centers, 28 Innovation Centers jointly operated with customers, and 45 Training Centers. Huawei is leading the way by rethinking the future. From devices to telecom infrastructure to cloud computing and convergence solutions, we are rethinking every link in the chain with ICT based innovation to deliver a better future… faster.
Huawei, North American Research is seeking candidates with strong statistical/machine learning skills for a system engineer and prototype development position as a regular employee. The candidate should be familiar with statistical & machine learning algorithms with strong software skills for prototyping using statistical package and tools such as (distributed/parallel) R, on big data processing platform using MapReduce. This position is based out of Bridgewater, NJ.
• Machine learning algorithm assessment, selection and enhancement for the problems being addressed
• Prototyping and validation using statistical and data mining tools, and big data processing platform such as MapReduce.
• 12 + years experience in R&D. should be familiar with statistical/machine learning techniques such as feature extraction, clustering, linear regression, logistic regression, forecasting, hypothesis testing, etc.
• An expert with software development experience using big data platform, statistical/data mining tools ( R, MapReduce), etc.
• Candidates should have at least 3+ year of tools development experience for a telecom vendor, service provider or a 3rd party analytics tools company
• A plus to be familiar with architectural components involved in the support of 3G/4G Mobile radio access networks/core, OAM, KPI etc.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skill; ability to work well in a team environment.
• PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Statistics with strong machine learning background
Huawei Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.