Ruckus Wireless, Inc
The ideal candidate for this position is a strong data wrangler with a hacker (quick prototyping) mindset, a statistician, and a descriptive storyteller that can successfully collaborate with global Development, Operations & Business team. This position reports directly to the Senior Director of Cloud Engineering in the Ruckus Wireless BU.
- Identify, define and manage key business and technical metrics to produce a data-driven view of our Cloud system.
- Develop and manage the inventory of data sets and system KPIs for the Cloud.
- Define requirements for improvements in system operation and VNFs; evangelize with relevant teams and work with developers on implementation.
- Work with the security and legal teams to ensure private data is secure and anonymized.
- Identify business problems and priorities for data gathering and analytics projects.
- Topics will range from RF networking to Cloud-system performance, wireless-as-a-service usability, business process optimization and understanding customer usage patterns (i.e., all aspects of our Cloud service offering).
- Create proof-of-concept projects to demonstrate feasibility and usability of various initiatives.
- Analyze business cases, formulate problem statements and provide practical solutions.
- Take strong initiative to drive end-to-end development of selected projects.
- As a member of the Cloud engineering team, this position requires hands-on work.
- Develop new dashboards and data collection methods.
- Presentation of information to the leadership team to drive decision making.
- Contribute application code and DevOps code (e.g. system monitoring) where appropriate (primarily Java & Python)
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, or equivalent fields
- Solid foundation in applied mathematics, including machine learning, statistical analysis and large scale computational technology.
- Strong foundation in data structures, computational algorithms and software implementation.
- Solid computer programming training having mastered at least one of the following languages: C/C++, Java, Python, R, Matlab.
- Superior organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent quantitative, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet critical deadlines.
- Smart, motivated, team-oriented, can-do attitude, seeking to make a valuable difference in our products and services.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.