A SHARP FOCUS ON GETTING IT RIGHT motivates Qbase leadership and employees. Led by seasoned business leaders and highly experienced technologists from LexisNexis, Apptis, and other leading companies, Qbase offers a nimble, dynamic environment within a growing business focused on products and services. Innovation and developing game changing technology is at the heart of Qbase Product development while Qbase Services provide a full spectrum of information technology services to meet client mission-critical requirements in the government, military, healthcare and commercial markets.
Finch Computing is a division of Qbase, LLC. A fast-growing, faced-paced software development organization, our mission is to build new ways of interacting with information. We do that by leveraging game-changing intellectual property and a staff that is second to none. Together, we build and support products that address complex, real-time data and analytics needs in the enterprise.
Are you passionate about the intersection of in-memory computing, machine learning, real-time predictive analytics, data science, and the possibilities of real-time decision making?
Can you develop a critical mass of support with businesses for a given technology?
Are you one of those unique individuals that can bridge the gap between Data Science, Product Engineering, & Business Development to promote an advanced technology to solve a business problem?
Can you interact just as easily with external customers at all levels including C-level executives, department heads, and technical directors, as you do with analysts, data scientists, and developers?
Then you may be just the right person to come work for Finch Computing as our Principal Data Science Solutions Architect.
- Promote the use of our technology through talks, articles, white papers, blogging, user demonstrations, recorded demonstrations, and the creation of sample projects.
- Accurately collect and communicate user needs.
- Determine optimal approach to position our offering as a solution to address critical business needs.
- Manage all technical information needs to support the sales process.
A successful person in this role will use their understanding of data science, NoSQL DBs, machine learning, and predictive analytics to provide solution architecture design, technical account management, and technical sales engineering, by:
- Serving as primary technical contact to clients during pre-sales process, confidently presenting to all levels of technical and management audiences, focusing on the Data Science teams.
- Post sale, staying in contact with Customer to make sure delivery is meeting expectations, serve as an escalation point of contact in the event issues are not being adequately resolved, and keeping customer informed on new/evolving capabilities that may be of interest for up-sell opportunities.
- Working closely with Professional Services teams, pre- and post-sales, for collecting and validating requirements, properly architect and size solutions, accurately scope required services, managing relationships with customers, coordinating issue resolution, leads transition of consultants onto programs, and remain engaged throughout delivery ensuring customer requirements are met.
- Working closely with Product Engineering to vet solution concept viability, generalize market requirements and trends to influence product development and enhancements, keep current with planned product capabilities, coordinate benchmarking efforts and documenting results into marketing materials.
- Working closely with Marketing to develop internal and external documents, processes, tools, and presentations to properly position technology, essentially bridging the gap between what Customers need to hear, what Engineering is capable of, and how Marketing ought to message it in the most compelling manner.
Knowledge and skills:
- Passion for solving complex business problem in real-time using streaming data.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience in at least one of the common ML tools (Weka, R, RapidMiner, KNIME, scikit-learn, etc.).
- Knowledge of and experience with NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, CouchDB, Solr, etc.).
- Understanding and experience in JSON, XML, Python, scripting languages (Python/Perl) and tools for manipulating data.
- Knowledge of and experience in streaming data, advanced analytics, machine learning, and data mining techniques.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Adept at query development, report writing and presenting findings.
Education and work experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with minimum of 10 years of overall experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Data Science.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with external customers and architecting solutions.
Clearance Requirement: None
Location: This position will be based out of our Reston, VA worksite. Telecommuting options are available.
Travel Requirement: Occasional
Driving Classification: This position IS classified as a “Regular Driver”.
Driving record checks will be performed on all applicants whose position is classified as a Regular Driver after a conditional offer of employment has been made. The applicant's job offer is contingent upon this motor vehicle driving record check. The driving record check will include review of any appropriate state records. If the applicant does not have a valid driver's license, and cannot arrange alternate means of transportation, the applicant cannot be hired for a role classified as a “Regular Driver”. If an applicant whose role is classified as a “Regular Driver” has a driving record that meets or exceeds the criteria listed under the Unacceptable Status, the applicant will not be hired. If the applicant meets the Probationary Status criteria he/she will be placed into that status. Upon commencing employment the requirements described above under “current employees” will apply.
Qbase develops proprietary data management tools, including Qbase Data Discovery™ and Qbase Data Transformer™, to help you understand and improve your data. Qbase data analytics reveal new ways to drive revenue and increase profits. Our web-based applications and high throughput computing solutions can be custom-designed to solve your most complex data problems. Our IT solutions and consulting services help keep you proactive. Learn more about our technology at http://www.qbase.com/products/
Find our latest collection of Qbase resources, written by our data and technology experts, on a wide variety of topics covering IT, data analytics, data quality, data security disaster prevention and other important issues at http://www.qbase.com/services/
The Qbase team brings a diverse combination of skills and expertise developed in a range of fields and leadership positions—from CEOs of large companies to an officer leading IT initiatives in the U.S. Armed Services. Additionally, the team offers deep and broad experience in federal technology integration, database management and analytics, and in enterprise systems development. Learn more about Qbase leadership at http://www.qbase.com/about/team/
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.