As our company slogan states, the Staples’ Supply Chain is Making Things Happen for our customers every day through our network of more than 30 warehouses, 1300 stores, and hundreds of delivery trucks. And even though we already operate the best supply chain in our industry, we need talented individuals like you to help us leverage advanced
analytics and optimization algorithms to achieve breakthrough performance levels.
- The Operations Research Analyst (Supply Chain) is responsible for applying analytical methods to improve decision-making across the Staples’ Supply Chain
- Using mathematical modeling, statistical analysis, and mathematical optimization, the individual will play an important role in the tactical execution of optimal or near-optimal solutions to complex decision-making problems
- These problems will come from all parts of the Staples’ Supply Chain and will include challenges like:
o Developing inventory management procurement strategies that minimize Staples’ investment in inventory while achieving or exceeding service-level targets
o Refining the Staples’ logistics network strategy to ensure facility locations and store / customer assignments are optimized to minimize variable costs
o Enhancing and implementing product profitability / cost-to-serve models to ensure the right products are being stocked in the right locations
- Apply analytical methods to solve complex, data-driven business problems that will ultimately have a direct impact on the Staple’s bottom-line
- Communicate results to management as needed
- Research, design, and implement data models and innovative algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data to realize actionable results
- This role will be directly or indirectly supporting all functional areas within the Staples’ Supply Chain
- BS/MS (or three years’ relevant work experience) in Operations Research, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related field
- Experience with data mining, mathematical modeling, statistical analysis, and mathematical optimization tools, including linear programming, integer programming, mixed-integer programming, Markov decision processes, and multivariate analysis
- Demonstrated analytical thinking, strategic problem solving capabilities
- Knowledge and experience using major statistical analysis tools such as R, Matlab, or SAS
- Experience working with development toolsets such as Hadoop, MYSQL, Teradata, NOSQL, etc.
- Experience with financial modelling
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner with both technical and non-technical customers
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Supply Chain/Logistics/Inventory Planning
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the diversity of our people, products, and services.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.