Truven Health Analytics, Inc. & Simpler Consulting
This senior-level contributor serves as the “architect” who directs the creation, implementation, maintenance and enhancement of a given methodology (model, algorithm, measurement approach, etc.), and acts as the highest level of Subject Matter Expert (SME) for a given methodology. This individual will interface with product managers and business leaders to define practical requirements for new methods and models, and translate these to a level of specificity that can be interpreted by a data scientist and/or software engineer. The methodologist will also translate complex technical or clinical concepts into formats that are easily understood by a typical audience of internal and external customers. A successful Methodologist will have strong skills in the technical disciplines, a foundational understanding of clinical terminology and concepts, and an overall understanding of care delivery and payment systems. While they do not need to be a statistical or clinical expert, they will work closely with those resources and must understand the appropriate questions to be asked and approaches to be evaluated in doing so. The Methodologist should be very comfortable performing detailed analysis on large disparate datasets using a variety of tools and evaluating the results of applied algorithms and statistical models. Interface with product managers, business leaders, and customer partners to define practical requirements for new or enhanced methodologies, and translate these to a level of specificity to be interpreted by a data scientist and/or software engineer.
- Work collaboratively with data scientists, clinicians, and other experts to ensure that methodologies meet the stated business requirements.
- Analyze results of new or enhanced methodologies to ensure that they meet requirements and that appropriate documentation of value is available to the business.
- Guide the more specialized resources (statisticians, clinicians, etc.) in combining their expertise to develop the best implementation approach for a methodology
- Provide demonstrations and presentations of methodologies to colleagues, customers and management.
- Provide methodology SME support and initial advanced training to internal (and in some circumstances external) customers.
- Broad skills in healthcare data analytics and knowledge of advanced analytic methods and modeling techniques applied to healthcare data.
- An overall understanding of the healthcare industry, payment systems, and care delivery systems.
- At least 5 years’ experience in supporting customers with healthcare analytic and information-based solutions.
- A demonstrated ability to pull together various components in the creation of a full analytic solution.
- Possesses a natural curiosity and is energized by solving challenging multi-dimensional puzzles.
- Extensive experience with administrative and/or clinical healthcare data sources
- Experience working directly with customers in a collaborative manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of cross-functional teams.
- Proven ability to multi-task without sacrificing quality or deadlines on individual projects. Requires experience working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-directed, detail-oriented and a team player.
- Statistical modeling experience preferred
- Master’s Degree in quantitative discipline or equivalent experience.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.