PARC, a Xerox company
The Machine Learning (ML) group at PARC has an opening for a research scientist.
About the Job
PARC attracts the most talented researchers wanting to transform their ideas into real-world breakthroughs, working in collaboration with talented, multidisciplinary and diverse colleagues, and partnering with academia and leading domain experts in industry. The ML group is a growing research group with world-class strengths in probabilistic graphical modeling, statistical relational learning, computer vision, data mining, big data, diagnostics, and simulation. Efforts in the ML group cover a range of technology maturity, from abstract algorithm formulation all the way to embedded software implementation on physical hardware platforms and span various application domains such as healthcare, cyber security, intelligent transportation systems, consumer goods, finance, manufacturing, and energy.
We are currently seeking a research scientist with machine learning and data mining expertise to join a team of researchers developing innovative machine learning methods for autonomous learning in unstructured environments under weak supervision. Applications include building systems for medical decision support, automated customer care, autonomous control systems for transport regulation, cyber threat detection, and user behavior and preference modeling. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can work collaboratively in a team setting, refine application concepts, and take ideas from the drawing board to prototype deployment.
- Design, develop, and deliver innovative approaches, algorithms, methods, and models
- Design and deliver software prototypes
- Contribute to efforts on engaging customers and developing new business opportunities, including proposal development
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Statistics
- Experience in machine learning and data mining with focus on one or more of the following areas: probabilistic inference, sequential decision making, deep learning, reinforcement learning, active learning
- Experience working with unstructured data sources such as images or text
- Experience in scientific programming, algorithm design and development
- Experience in writing grant proposals
- Good presentation and written communication skills
- Commitment to developing quality software
- Experience with Python, Java, C++, R, or other high-level programming languages
We offer a very competitive salary package and full benefits (medical, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401K). PARC employees enjoy the use of onsite health & fitness center and collegial dining at our onsite cafeteria. The PARC campus is in a spacious modern building in close proximity to the resources and opportunities of Silicon Valley and benefits from nearby leading universities such as Stanford and Berkeley. It is also close to many amenities, top schools, and outdoor activities (see http://www.parc.com/about/culture.html). PARC provides a highly diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (see http://www.parc.com/about/careers/).
PARC, a Xerox company, is in the Business of Breakthroughs®. Practicing open innovation, we provide custom R&D services, technology, expertise, best practices, and intellectual property to Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies, startups, and government agencies and partners. We create new business options, accelerate time to market, augment internal capabilities, and reduce risk for our clients.
Since its inception, PARC has pioneered many technology platforms – from the Ethernet and laser printing to the GUI and ubiquitous computing – and has enabled the creation of many industries. Incorporated as an independent, wholly owned subsidiary of Xerox in 2002, PARC today continues the research that enables breakthroughs for our clients' businesses.
PARC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with PARC should contact PARC Human Resources.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.