Qualified candidate will be responsible for day-to-day engagement lead to develop and deploy dynamic marketing analytics capabilities and user support tools that leverage multiple sources and systems. Guide and shape best practices regarding evaluating marketing effectiveness and media mix optimization. Develop a program that provides a service as the Voice of Quantitative Analysis for the marketing organization. The program will play an advisory role for Media Mix Optimization and actionable analysis (both long & short term). Help partner teams to optimize marketing execution efforts. Drive exceptional analytics to help connect marketing actions with business results
Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion – is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements:
- Marketing Analytics
- Experience using or implementing enhanced marketing analytics to dramatically improve marketing effectiveness (e.g., measurement, market experiments, mix models attribution, reporting)
- Ability to analyze complex data and distill into action-oriented insights
- Knowledge of EDMC’s marketing vehicles and associated strategies and tactics, preferred
- Familiarity with EDMC’s marketing and analytics processes (e.g., marketing planning, marketing effectiveness), systems, tools and stakeholders preferred
- Project Management & Communications
- Strong coordination and project management skills for data intensive efforts across a range of cross-functional stakeholders; responsible for managing deliverables and milestones, tracking progress, mitigating risks and resolving issues
- Facilitate and lead communications with engagement stakeholders (sponsor, core team, data owners, subject matter experts) to provide updates, get data, vet analyses and confirm direction
- Get involved in projects early in their conception in order provide advice on measurement & success criteria; reasonableness for expectations & measurement; and methodology for evaluating magnitude & success
- Data Steward
- Identify, recruit and coordinate with internal and external data owners and architects to provide a wide range of data sets
- Oversee data appropriateness, quality and accuracy
- Evolve models and metrics over time
Vice Chancellor of Marketing
Senior management of business units and other leaders and staff
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced degree (MBA, Master) in business, marketing, statistics, economics, operations research, computer science or related field is a plus
- Experience with multi-unit retail organizations with complex sales cycles as well as utilizing marketing channels for national, regional and local lead generation
- The ideal candidate will have 10+ years in marketing, business analytics, product management, strategy consulting, and business planning roles.
- Familiar with a variety of financial forecasting concepts, practices, and procedures
- Solid knowledge of online testing techniques and statistical techniques
- Practical understanding of marketing channels, including both traditional and digital media, measuring individual ROI and developing channel optimization analyses and recommendations
- Be statistically savvy. SAS skills preferred
- Strong leadership, influence, partnering and collaborative skills
- Strong communication skills to effectively drive recommendations and land priorities across senior leaders
- Experience in internet marketing, test & learn frameworks, large / complex / multidimensional data, web analytics, media mix modeling preferred
- Experience with analyzing consumer, marketing data in ecommerce or a top consumer focused company is a plus
- Experience with vendor relationships
- Highly skilled in using tools such as Excel and Access/SQL to extract/analyze data
- Strong data orientation: Excel power user, modeling, pivot tables, etc.
- Proven leadership in a team-oriented environment demonstrating the ability to work well cross-functionally and get things done in interdepartmentally in an effective, time-efficient manner
- Presentation expertise, via whiteboard or PowerPoint. Be able to fine-tune the same presentation for an audience of analysts, then an audience of executives. Know when you’ve lost them and need to go back
- Track record of interacting with high performance teams
- Strong problem solving ability ranging from conceptualization to quantitative and modeling fluency
- Ability to both analyze the data and provide marketing insights for growth, course correction and upside potential
Work Environment & Notice
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Education Management Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.