Market Risk Quantitative Analyst-W431749
The Quantitative Analysis (QA) team's mission is to provide enterprise-wide quantitative support for the Bank's various initiatives relating to market risk. These initiatives include, but are not limited to, market risk identification, measurement, monitoring, control and communication. The QA function has several key core functions:
• Collaborating with internal partners to propose and test new market risk methodologies; overseeing model development (including programming, testing, and documentation)
• Work with the team's internal partners to design market risk methodology, including counterparty exposure risk methodology and valuation/hedging analytics, and develop models/tools to support the Bank's market risk management activities.
• Manage research activities that support the Bank's market risk model development.
• Directly responsible for model development projects assigned at the team Director's discretion. These projects are expected to encompass ALM modeling, mortgage, trading market risk modeling, and counterparty credit.
• Support the group's Director in management activities, as needed.
Master's or Advanced degree in a relevant field such as Economics, Engineering, or Mathematics, or Finance (Financial Engineering, Finance Theory, or Computational Finance or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience. Master's degree in quantitative field and 7 – 10 years of relevant experience.
Requires 3+ years of progressive work related experience with demonstrated proficiency in multiple disciplines and processes related to the position, including understanding of quantitative market risk requirements broadly for risk management, financial reporting, and valuation models used in STI business areas and functions; knowledge of the industry approaches and practices to analytical modeling in banking and financial services; knowledge of finance theory and an understanding of stochastic calculus as applied to security valuation. A detailed knowledge of Microsoft Excel functionality is required. A solid background in programming (particularly Visual Basic for Applications, but also C++ or Python) is required. Demonstrated experience in programming simulation models is strongly desired. Any familiarity with the following applications & models will be extremely beneficial to potential candidates: SAS (statistical); QRM (market risk); Value-at-Risk models (market risk). Ideal candidates will have experience in ALM modeling, mortgage models, trading risk, and counterparty credit risk models.
Job: Credit and Risk
Primary Location: GA-Atlanta Area
Work Locations: SunTrust Plaza Tower
303 Peachtree Street
Equal Opportunity Employer
SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.