Managing Insights Analyst (Silicon Valley)
Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
We call our human resources group the Talent Team, and this reflects how important our people are to the success of the EY organization. Working with the Talent Team, you’ll help develop and execute our people strategy, which provides the programs, measures and tools that help our EY member firms' employees achieve their goals. You might develop and implement strategies for performance management, leadership development, learning, training tools, compensation, recruiting, new joiner orientation, reporting processes or other initiatives.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
The EYQ Managing Analyst will proactively bring thought leadership insights, ideas and solutions which will distinguish EY in the competitive market globally, identify new business opportunities and manage associated risks.
Recognized inside and outside the firm as a leader and subject matter expert, this position inputs into and guides global sector strategies, develops high level thought leadership and is responsible for the creation and delivery of research, analysis, market intelligence and other intellectual capital for various areas of specialization (e.g. sector or service line)
- Works closely with leadership in the assigned service area (business unit or sector) to proactively bring thought leadership insights, ideas and solutions which will distinguish EY in the competitive market.
- Writes white papers, points of view, blogs, and other thought leadership items leveraging industry expertise and knowledge of the client and the firm,
- Develops relationships with “c” suite clients and is recognized as a subject matter expert.
Leverages these relationships to build EY brand and reputation in specialized area of expertise.
- Undertakes external facing activities such as participation in external thought leadership program (including presenting to interested parties in government, international agencies, etc). As well the pursuit process.
- Responsible for providing strategic analysis on specific sectors, geographies and trends to support global leadership in strategy development, identifying new business opportunities and managing associated risks.
- Understands the spectrum of disrupting technologies (e.g. IoT, Robotics) and their impact on businesses from various industries.
- Recognized within the firm as a leader and subject matter expert, this position inputs into and guides global sector strategies, and is responsible for the creation and delivery of research, analysis, market intelligence and other intellectual capital.
- Uses independent judgment in identifying trends that translate into key market-facing initiatives
- Utilizes a variety of analytical techniques and negotiating strategies to address problems
- Knowledge about firm protocols around service offerings and service delivery
- Analyzes and leverages various data points to develop and implement customer solutions
- Demonstrates business insight by contributing to strategic discussions with firm leaders
- Work is reviewed against goals achieved rather than specific deliverables.
- Demonstrates the ability to establish plans, goals, and measurements
- Effectively develops standardized work procedures, introduces new processes, and oversees their implementation to for smooth operations and successfully support change
- Receives minimal direction regarding broad goals.
To qualify, candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s / University degree required
- An advanced degree in related discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 12 + years’ experience in business analysis, industry research, management consulting or business performance, advising clients in the relevant community
- Advanced knowledge of social media strategy and execution is an advantage
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Generally does not have direct responsibility for supervising others, however must have strong influencing skills to work with (and through) others in order to accomplish goals.
- Deep research and analytical skills
- Confident in understanding multiple business drivers
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills in English
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Excels in cultivating relationships to persuade, convince, and influence others
- Displays the skills and knowledge to identify and leverage key supporters for change initiatives
- Excellent leadership skills
- Knowledge of the project management process
- Ability to interface and team with all levels of the organization
- Possesses the ability to make independent decisions within the context of wider firm objectives
Ernst & Young LLP, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.