Zodiac Pool Systems, Inc.
Job Title: Manager of IoT Solutions
Reports To: VP Engineering
Date: Feb 1, 2016
Zodiac strives to create the perfect pool experience for residential pool owners. We design and produce the equipment that makes the pool work: Automation, pumps, filters, salt chlorinators, cleaners, lighting, heaters, and more.
Pool builders, remodelers, and service pro’s prescribe our products because they are reliable, easy to install, service, and use. The foundation of all our work revolves around our values; Teamwork, Honesty and Trust, Passion, Innovation, Lean and User Driven & Customer Focused.
We are looking for the right person to lead our technical team within the Internet of Things ( IoT ) s pace. Zodiac is going through a major strategy shift with a focus on Smart Pool Products. From physical pool equipment to connected , smart equipment , we are simplifying pool ownership for our customers and enabling our service technician partners. This role is critical to our global business performance and reputation, and provides a fantastic opportunity with high exposure within our Organization.
The Manager of IoT Solution s is a new position dedicated to focus to our technical team on the development, sustainment and continuous evolution of our Smart Pool Products. We have experienced tremendous growth and such the need to hire a dedicated technical leader.
Th is person will provide leadership and direction in developing and maintaining Zodiac's IoT technical platform. This person will lead an internal group of engineers aggregated with key external partners to implement new platforms for growth as well as maintain and/or migrate existing platforms. This highly visible position will work cross functionally to ensure Zodiac's technology stack stays current or ahead of the ever changing IoT environment. This is a high-visibility role requiring someone who can clearly define and articulate strategic goals, as well as formulate and drive execution of the tactical plans to achieve those goals.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The Manager of IoT Solutions will:
- Own and maintain the entire IoT architecture starting at the individual device through connectivity , data collection and storage , cloud, middleware , and APIs .
- Manage internal and external resources that develop & maintain User Apps
- Work closely with marketing to ensure Zodiac's technology stack can deliver the IoT product road maps
- Manage day to day activities to ensure 99.9% up time to our users and service providers
- Work cross-functionally, internally & externally to oversee the timely execution of product launches
- Develop analytics (dash boards) to ensure we anticipate changing trends with our users and service providers
- Participate in team meetings to ensure product launches are on schedule, within cost targets and deliver the features described in the product specification
- Develop and maintain relationships with the IoT community to ensure Zodiac is aware of emerging technologies…ie – engaged in technology circles as well as attend key trade shows
- Create a high-performance team to launch and manage the new IoT technology stack
- Establish transparent people management & processes to attract and retain the best talent in this new industry opportunity
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The travel requirement will be determined by the activities of the projects and will vary from time to time. May be as high as 1 0% .
The Manager of IoT Solutions position requires the following qualifications:
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Management Information Systems. Or equivalent
- IoT management experience ; understanding of complexity of hardware, firmware, and software development environments.
- 8+ years professional experience in software or IoT environment with at least 2 years as a manager
- Understanding of cloud offerings in the marketing and ability to discuss cloud architectures; f amiliarity /Strength with AWS, Kinesis, Redshift and related AWS services
- Proficiency (understanding) in modern programming language such as Java, C++, Perl, Node.js, Ruby, etc
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development environments is desired.
- Ability to establish credibility and rapport with senior executives and technical and non-technical team members alike
- Deep appreciation for the Customer mindset. Proven ability to think Customer-first; successful track record in building strategies and solutions to meet Customer needs
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment
- Energetic self-starter passionate about professional integrity and excellence with a positive attitude and contagious enthusiasm
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, environment where you must take on multiple responsibilities and do what it takes to get things done
- Minimum of 10 years overall professional-level experience
- BS Degree or equivalent experience
PREFERRED MBA preferred PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Work is primarily sedentary in nature, no special demands are required.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.