West Creek 6 (12076), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Manager, Data Engineering
Manager, Data Engineering position with Capital One Services, LLC in Richmond, VA; Multiple positions available:
- Lead overall technical design, development, modification, and implementation of software and/or data applications using existing and emerging technology platforms.
- Analyze internal user needs and desired results and develop data application solutions with responsibility for the delivery of software applications.
- Coordinate the work of project teams along multiple workstreams.
- Develop complex applications using Java, Scala, Spring, Shell Scripts, Ab Initio, Hadoop, AWS, Agile, and Scrum.
- Write, design, code, test, implement, and debug programs adhering to corporate requirements and standards.
- Perform application testing and validation, programming, and documentation.
- Document design decisions and develop software components, adhering to existing process guidelines.
- Coordinate data analysis software installation and monitor implementation process.
- Monitor system performance trends and identify potential issues.
- Own change management process for assigned configuration items.
- Present complex IT concepts and project metrics to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Identify opportunities for improvement.
This position requires a Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Technology Management, or a related technical field and 2 years of experience in job offered or application development. In lieu of a Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Technology Management, or a related technical field and 2 years of experience in job offered or application development will accept a Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in the stated field and 5 years of progressive post-baccalaureate experience as stated. Must have the following skills through education or work experience: Coordinating work of others along multiple workstreams; presentation of complex IT concepts and project metrics to both technical and non-technical audiences; Java; Scala; Spring; Shell Scripts; Ab Initio; Hadoop; AWS; Agile; Scrum. Must pass company’s assessment.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.