McLean 1 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Manager, Data Analyst
Data Analyst Manager
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. Ranked #127 on the Fortune 500, Capital One has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. As one of the nation’s top 10 banks, we offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
At Capital One, data is at the center of everything we do. When we launched as a startup we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the relational database, cutting edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward a few years, and this little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 200 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making.
As a Data Analyst Manager at Capital One you will leverage analytic and technical skills to innovate, build, and maintain well-managed data solutions and capabilities to tackle business problems.
On any given day you will be challenged to lead three types of work – Innovation, Business Intelligence and Data Management:
- Lead and drive exploration and analysis of data across a variety of data platforms (e.g. Teradata, Hadoop) to discover insights, influence and drive strategic direction
- Leverage versatile technical capabilities and team leadership skills to drive the development and implementation of data products/capabilities that enable self-service by data consumers
- Quickly grasp new technologies and influence others to adopt and implement them in their respective data product initiatives
- Participate in the development of policies, guidelines, and quality control procedures for the reporting and dissemination of the organization’s performance related data
- Oversee the ongoing development and operations of a business intelligence framework that enables fact-based decision making, analysis, and insight generation.
- Serve as liaison between business domains, technology partners, data analysts, and end users to drive implementation, adoption, training, and maintenance of business intelligence data and tools
- Develop standards and policies for Marketing Operations
- Define and execute processes to monitor data governance policies and procedures to ensure data integrity and privacy, establish consistent data definitions, and monitor overall data quality
- Work collaboratively to ensure data stores and applications adhere to defined data management and data access practices, policies, and procedures
Our ideal candidate will have:
Degree specialized in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics discipline
Experience working with bulk email platforms
Experience with Unix, open source, automation, and software development practices
Experience implementing risk controls in production processes
Strong desire and experience with data in various forms (data warehouses/SQL, unstructured data environments/PIG,HIVE, Impala)
Experience leading projects to deliver complex data management solutions; working with internal and external partners
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 4 years of professional data analysis work experience
- At least 2 years of programming experience
- At least 1 year of experience in people management
- Master’s Degree
- 7 or more years of professional data analysis work experience
- 1 or more years of project management experience
- 1 or more years of experience with Hadoop
- 1 or more years of experience with R or 1+ years of experience with Python
- 1 or more years of experience in Tableau
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.