Company: Penguin Random House US
Requisition ID: 3186
The Consumer Data Analytics Manager oversees a proprietary suite of tools and dashboards that support hundreds of marketers across the company and provides key insights and recommendations on email marketing and database marketing initiatives for the corporate team. The ideal candidate has excellent SQL skills, is knowledgeable in R, and enjoys analyzing data and drawing out actionable insights.
- Support a suite of proprietary analytics tools and dashboards by managing updates and answering questions from marketers and corporate team
- Analyze corporate email marketing performance by program; provide ongoing tactical recommendations to program managers
- Analyze email marketing programs across the company to draw broader insights
- Analyze the effectiveness of subscriber acquisition tactics in terms of their short- and long-term email program performance
- Create hypotheses around personalization tests and work with email team to execute and analyze results
- Mine the consumer database for opportunity segments to test via email and advertising; manage consumer database requests from marketers
- Provide regular reporting to program teams, plus executives on email and database marketing performance
- Oversee retailer affiliate program reporting
- 3+ years of experience in analytics
- Four year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with email marketing performance metrics
- Strong SQL skills
- Knowledgeable in R
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Shiny or other data visualization tools a plus
- Experience with Python or scripting languages a plus
- Keen interest in further developing your skills
- Vision for how to make data actionable
- Ability to interpret data and draw insights
- Ability to structure and prioritize work
- Ability to drive improvement through testing and learning
- Excellent communication skills
Please submit a cover letter and resume to be considered for this opportunity.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Fodor’s, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/ .
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.