Keysight is launching a Software Development Center in Atlanta, chartered to create a new generation of software for electronic product design and test used by customers around the world. The new center is located in Atlanta’s growing Midtown district and will feature an open environment to foster collaboration. With its proximity to Georgia Tech, the center will attract top talent in computer science, artificial intelligence and systems programming, and electrical and computer engineering.
This position is part of Keysight's Central Research Laboratory Software Research Program. We are seeking a researcher to build upon a strong working knowledge of machine learning and applied statistics. The focus of this position will be research in applying machine learning technologies to scalable cognitive systems. Along with a team of researchers and developers, you will define, investigate, develop and apply, state-of-the-art software systems to significantly enhance the practice of electronic design, test and measurement.
In addition to inventing and developing technology to add value to Keysight's products, you'll have the opportunity to propose collaborative research programs with universities and when appropriate publish results to the general research community in peer-reviewed publications. In other cases, you may work with our legal team to patent your inventions. You'll also have the opportunity to work closely with customers to be sure the problems you are solving are problems that will make a difference.
• Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or other relevant field with an emphasis on machine learning and/or artificial intelligence
• Experience in designing or adapting machine learning for scalable high performance cognitive computing
• Strong computer science and mathematics grounding, with knowledge of data structures, algorithms and computer architectures.
• Hands-on experience with machine learning technologies. Examples include IBM Watson, Stanford’s DeepDive or Apache Spark.
• Proficiency developing in one or more languages such as C#, C++, Python, MATLAB or Java
• Track record of innovation and research contribution as shown by peer-reviewed journal publications
• Self starting, requiring minimal supervision with strong problem solving skills
• Excellent communication, teamwork and leadership skills
• Background in electronics and electronic test equipment
• Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, NoSQL databases, etc.
• Experience with natural language processing systems such as Google Prediction
• Experience developing production software in a corporate environment and/or delivering research prototypes to such organizations
Keysight Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.