Our consumption of health data is growing at an exponential rate — as a machine learning engineer, you'll make sense of it all. We ingest clinical data (eg: medical history, allergies, test results) from hospitals and labs, and wellness data (eg: physical activity, sleep, nutrition) from devices and apps. Collectively, these data sets create a more detailed understanding of an individuals health than anything else today. The data recorded from these sources are both continuous and discrete.
You’ll be responsible for building our deep normalization pipeline, creating medical models, and developing structured APIs with the engineers.
This position is for someone who has built at least one large classification system, dabbled with medical data sets, is well versed with NLP and Machine Learning, and is comfortable coding in languages such as Scala, Java, and Python. You've likely built your own parsers when the open source NLP parsers couldn't do the job and you've built machine learning pipelines.
This position is for someone who can hit the ground running and is excited to take our team to the next level. We're looking for people who want to solve hard problems and find a mission they really believe in.
- Drive the machine regression / classification and normalization pipeline
- Develop the NLP required to clean noisy unstructured data
- Create machine learning models in situations where the data is sparse and high-dimensional
- Improve the models ten times before an expert can label the data
- Develop normalization algorithms
- Build algorithms required to gain deeper insights on the clinical data from thousands of hospitals
We really like people who
- Care deeply about the problems we're trying to solve
- Own problems end-to-end in a very ownership driven culture
- Are product focused. Solving the underlying product problem is more important than writing a lot of code
- Have a good sense of humor
- Have a positive attitude, willingness to learn, and desire for self-improvement
At Human API, we are opening up the world of health data for the next generation of healthcare applications.
We’ve built the first real-time network for health data, making health data accessible and actionable for companies building valuable applications and experiences with it. By enabling health data liquidity, we are powering a more effective, personal and responsive healthcare system.
Human API is powering over 10,000 applications in 40 countries, including Johnson & Johnson, Kaiser Permanente, and AXA. The company is backed by Andreessen Horowitz and BlueRun Ventures.
We're looking for independent thinkers who care deeply about the problems we're trying to solve. At Human API, we believe that a diverse variety of people makes us better, and so we welcome people of all backgrounds.
Want to build the future of health data with us? Get in touch.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.