Machine Learning Engineer
Caterpillar is hiring the best and brightest analysts, engineers, and data scientists to join its newly opened Digital & Analytics Hub located in downtown Chicago’s Merchandise Mart. As part of this growing team, the Machine Learning Engineer will develop and deploy advanced machine learning algorithms for the purposes of clustering, classification, prediction, and anomaly detection applied to topics as complex as they are diverse. Near term development work will focus on applications utilizing time-series sensor data from Cat equipment, image/video streams, and data inbound from connected manufacturing facilities, worksites, and logistics centers.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable expertise in machine learning, top analytical skills, and the capability to clearly communicate with team members, upper management, and internal business partners. Given that project specifics vary broadly and are often vaguely defined, the Machine Learning Engineer must be flexible, enjoy learning/applying new skills, and exhibit a general bias for action.
The Marketing & Digital Division is leading Caterpillar and industry by maximizing customer value and corporate competitive advantage through innovative application of data analytics to a host of digital channels inbound from connected equipment, smart factories, and global customer sites – to name just a few. Behind every customer success is the team at Caterpillar who takes raw bits and bytes of data and translates them into actionable information.
Apply now to join our team and help build what matters!
- MS or PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, or equivalent technical field preferred
- 1-3 years of experience with end-to-end machine learning algorithm development and deployment (including ETL and data quality analysis)
- Experience implementing machine learning algorithms on multiple platforms
- Experienced in implementing software prototyping
- 1-3 years of experience with featuring engineering and trade-offs between various machine learning algorithms
- 1-3 years of experience developing deep learning models using tools such as Caffe, Tensorflow, Theano, Torch, Keras, etc.
- 3+ years of hands-on programming experience (Python/R or C++, preferably both)
- Experience with revision control software (Git preferred) and related development best practices
- Experience with code documentation and unit testing
- Experience with database development/application integration
Top candidate will also have:
- Experience with computer vision algorithms
- Experience with signal processing and time-series data analysis
- Experience with embedded systems programming and testing
- Experience with code parallelization/optimization including GPU programming
- Deep knowledge of code development best practices (architecture, documentation, testing, revision control)
- Application development (mobile, web)
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to learn with minimal oversight
- Creative/original thinker
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Enjoy working in an interdisciplinary, fast-moving team environment
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
Your road to success is built through a Caterpillar career. As part of the talented Caterpillar team, you appreciate that working for a global leader creates endless opportunities for you.
Nov 10, 2016, 11:59:00 PM
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.