Machine Learning Data Scientist
Would you like to contribute creatively to a large, meaningful mission? We are in the process of transforming healthcare. In particular, we are transforming the way that care givers across the country integrate information and make decisions.
With the recent combination of QPID Health and eviCore healthcare, we now have an unprecedented combination of scale and industry leading technology and talent to change the way we experience healthcare.
Specifically designed with the size and scale to address the complexity of today’s and tomorrow’s healthcare system, we are a company committed to advancing medical benefits management – and enabling better outcomes for patients, providers, and plans.
Ours is an evidence-based approach that leverages our exceptional capabilities, powerful analytics, and an acute sensitivity to the challenges and needs of everyone involved across the healthcare spectrum. Applying proven talent and leading-edge technology, we harness healthcare’s evolving demand and inherent change to realize and deliver improved results for everyone.
Want to join us?
QPID Health, an eviCore company, leverages our deep evidence based knowledge and technology to deliver services and software solutions so healthcare payers and providers can deliver the best quality care. Our natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning (ML) platform replaces outdated manual processes with software-driven clinical reasoning.
To see what we’re up to, follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn and visit our website.
We are seeking highly creative and motivated post graduate and/or postdoctoral data scientists with exceptional skills who will complement our growing team.
QPID’s NLP platform coupled with large proprietary healthcare datasets and strategic vision of transforming decision making in healthcare require a state of the art machine learning platform. As a machine learning data scientist, you will:
- Design, develop, and prototype machine learning and statistical analysis techniques to automate clinical decision making, including deep learning, collaborative filtering, and other machine learning techniques to extract insights at scale from structured and unstructured electronic health record data and other healthcare data sources.
- Design and apply statistical techniques to evaluate and monitor the outcomes of automated clinical decision making at scale
- Help evolve QPID’s NLP platform, combining input from clinicians and other domain experts with state of the art NLP techniques
- Build data driven apps whose goals are to: translate data into intelligence, help transform the work of clinical decision making, quality reporting and pathway planning, and to help solve a variety of strategic business problems in healthcare.
- Assists business with causal inferences & observations providing data-driven business insights.
- “Can do” attitude: you are biased towards action and ready to speak your mind
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, or a related field, or Master’s degree with 3+ years of industry experience.
- Strong publication record and/or additional industry experience a plus
- Deep machine learning expertise. Experience with Deep Learning and/or Natural Language Processing algorithms and tools a strong plus.
- Experience with a diverse set of computing technologies: Python, Linux, Bash, SQL. High proficiency in Python a strong plus. Experience with Java/C++ a strong plus.
- Experience with big data frameworks (Hadoop, Spark, etc.) and/or NoSQL databases a plus
- Experience with healthcare data a plus
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
What’s in it for you, other than improving patient care? We carefully select really smart people and provide them with the autonomy to build great software. We recognize and reward based on merit, not titles. We have amazing views from our offices, lots of food, an espresso machine and other perks. But most of all we offer the chance to build your career with people like you who want to solve problems, and have fun together.
If this sounds like your kind of company, let’s talk. Send an email to email@example.com and tell us about yourself. Please include your resume and a 1-2 paragraph description of a recent data project you were part of. Briefly explain the problem, data sources, tools and methods that you used, and highlight your contribution and what you’ve learned from this project.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.