The Georgia Tech Research Institute's Machine Learning and Analytics branch is looking for candidates experienced with machine learning, computer vision, and data science for applications including robotics, large-scale processing of multi-modal data, and data analytics. Join our growing branch, within the Robotics and Autonomous Systems Division, and tackle responsibilities that will include development of learning/perception algorithms ranging from change detection, object detection, and tracking to large-scale clustering and pattern extraction. We have specific interest in machine/deep learning for combining information from multiple data sources.
This opportunity is within the Aerospace, Transportation and Advanced Systems Lab (ATAS). ATAS conducts research for government and industry customers in aerodynamics, radar and weapons systems, food processing technology, unmanned systems and modeling of social systems. http://www.gtri.gatech.edu/atas
The position will involve research and development of algorithms, fast prototyping and programming, and generation of research reports, publications, proposals, and briefs to customers. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are therefore required.
REQUIREMENTS THAT MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- US Citizenship AND/ OR the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, Electrical & Computer Engineering, or related fields specializing in machine learning, computer vision, and/or perception
- Possess extensive, demonstrated C/C++, MATLAB, or Python programming, strong mathematical foundation & problem-solving skills.
- Hands-on experience with state-of-the-art algorithms for analysis of various types of data.
- Experience with fast prototyping in MATLAB and/or Python
- Willingness to work well in a team environment
- Proven research experience in at least ONE of these areas is desirable:
- Machine learning and data analytics for analysis of large-scale datasets (images, videos, time- series, etc.)
- Object detection, pose estimation, and tracking in images or videos,
- Extraction and integration of data from multiple data sources
- Large-scale machine learning and open-source machine learning/data analytics stacks (Spark, Storm, Kafka, etc.)
ABOUT GEORGIA TECH RESEARCH INSTITUTE
GTRI has been recognized as one of Atlanta’s Best Places to Work by the Atlanta Business Chronicle 4 of the last 5 years. GTRI offers competitive pay, excellent benefits, and a great location. Professional growth opportunities include support for advanced degrees, patent rights, and freedom for approved outside consulting, periodic special courses in technical and leadership topics, and support for paper preparation and presentation. Grow your career at GTRI.
The Georgia Tech Research Institute employs over 1150 research faculty, with an annual sponsored research budget of over $370 Million USD. The important work we do is diverse, challenging, and rewarding. Work with subject matter experts at our Atlanta campus or at the 14 other locations in MD, OH, VA, AL FL HI, TX, CA, AZ, DC and GA. Research areas include such diverse areas as: Cyber Security Jobs, Big Data Jobs and Data Intelligence Jobs, Computer Science Jobs, Software Engineering Jobs, High Performance Computing Jobs ( HPC Jobs ), Hardware Design Jobs, Embedded System Design Jobs, Communication Systems Design Jobs, High Speed Networks Jobs, Electromagnetics Jobs ( EM Jobs ) including Radar Systems Jobs, Antenna Design Jobs, Electronic Warfare Jobs( EW Jobs ), Sensor Design Jobs, Intelligent Systems Jobs, Systems Engineering Jobs and others.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.