U of I Research Park (35009), United States of America, Champaign, Illinois
Machine Learning Data Engineer
As Machine Learning engineer on the Data Intelligence team, you will contribute to building a fast data and machine learning platform scalable to solve diverse business problems. We envision, create, deploy, and maintain full stack technology solutions powered by streaming big data, state of the art machine learning, micro-service architecture, and intuitive visualizations in the cloud. At Capital One, we have seas of big data and rivers of fast data. To manage this, we are working with a number of cutting edge machine learning technologies, and are actively developing more. We are highly technical with strong backgrounds in what we do. Our use cases range from cyber threat prevention to predicting environment outages to enable our always on 24/7 services. We have the highest executive support and direct impact on our customer experience and bottom line.
Who you are:
- You yearn to be part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule
- Someone who is not intimidated by challenges; thrives even under pressure; is passionate about their craft; and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results
- You love to learn new technologies and mentor junior engineers to raise the bar on your team
- It would be awesome if you have a robust portfolio on Github and / or open source contributions you are proud to share
- You use, or are passionate about learning, and implementing complex systems to further customer goals. Implementing complex data structures or optimizing distributed machine learning deployments is something that you're excited about.
What we have:
- Flexible work schedules
- Convenient office locations
- Generous salary and merit-based pay incentives
- A startup mindset with the wallet and resources of a top 10 bank
- Monthly innovation challenges dedicated to test driving cutting edge technologies
- Your choice of equipment (MacBook/PC, iPhone/Android Device)
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience working with Machine Learning frameworks and Data Science methodologies
- At least 2 years’ experience writing production code with either Java, Scala or Python
- At least 1-year experience with leading big and fast data technologies like Spark, Scala, Akka, Cassandra, Accumulo, Hbase, Hadoop, HDFS, AVRO, MongoDB, or Mesos
- Master's Degree
- Experience with recognized industry patterns, methodologies, and techniques
- 3 years+ of experience in working on and delivering research oriented data driven problems
- 1 year+ experience with AWS, specifically S3, EC2, and EMR
- 1 year+ experience with Spark, HDFS, and related large data technologies
- 1 year+ experience working with machine learning like SciKit-Learn, MLLib, or Theano, in production environments
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.