Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Laboratories (ATL) is chartered with creating generation-after-next technology to help Lockheed Martin maintain technology dominance. As a group of applied research laboratories, ATL looks beyond current requirements to envision future capabilities and needs, exploring technology in cyber, materials, robotics, informatics, spectrum systems and others. Our researchers work closely with customers to create and shape opportunities and are skilled in applying emerging research to evolving programs. Our agile business structure is designed to swiftly respond to urgent needs. Our primary partners include the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), government service laboratories, and other Lockheed Martin companies. ATL also maintains research relationships with key universities, industry partners and thought leaders.
We are a group of professionals who develop and apply leading edge technologies to our customers’ most difficult problems and needs.
Candidate will be a key contributor to the Human Systems and Autonomy research area within Lockheed Martin Advanced Technology Laboratories, will communicate with Lockheed Martin internal and external customers to define needs and execute on research to address these needs in both the short and long term.
- Work within a distributed team of scientists and engineers at ATL, other Lockheed Martin facilities, outside companies, and universities to perform research in machine learning, human systems integration, human performance augmentation, and human-system teaming, as well as perform modeling, simulation, and analysis.
- Typical customers include DARPA, IARPA, ONR, AFRL, ARL, commercial companies, Lockheed Martin business units, and Advanced Technology Labs proper (via internally funded basic and applied research programs).
- Applicants are expected to have ideas for research and have a desire to see these research concepts funded.
- Research will focus on generating approaches that can be used to enhance Lockheed Martin’s goal of enabling human-system teaming and to making leaps ahead in human-system effectiveness.
- R&D could take place in the areas of machine learning, human-systems integration, human-robot interaction, performance monitoring, or adaptive training.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation.
- Degree in Computer Science, Cognitive Science, Artificial Intelligence, Cognitive Psychology, Information Science, Neuroscience, Psychology, Neurology, or related discipline with a focus on design, development, application, and evaluation of machine learning and advanced data collection, statistics and analysis methods. These methods will be applied to advance human-machine interaction technologies to attain high levels of human-system performance.
- A minimum of 1 year research and development experience in a relevant area, including co-op or internships.
- Experience in defining research objectives, preparing and presenting research plans and results to management and customers, developing research proposals, and planning, implementing, and tracking of R&D projects.
- Ability to support proposals to win DoD-funded contracts, team with university researchers in the human factors and human-system integration domains, and collaborate with small and medium enterprise companies.
- Teamwork and research collaboration skills.
- Must have the ability to obtain a U.S. Secret Security clearance that requires U.S. citizenship. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Knowledge of current state of the art in machine learning techniques, data analysis, statistics, experimental design, and familiarity with applying these methods to the human sciences.
- Verbal and written skills and ability to present complex technical issues.
- Demonstrated successful research project leadership.
- M.S. or equivalent research experience in one of the above technical disciplines; a background in signals processing is a plus.
- Experience in research studies surrounding human effectiveness.
- Experience in transitioning technology from the research environment to users.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Location(s): Arlington Virginia
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.