The Lead Data Architect will grow a Chicago-based team that is responsible for enabling key applied data science initiatives that require custom data architecture design and support.
As Civis’ Lead Data Architect, you will be responsible for leading a team of analysts designing, executing, and maintaining large, complex ETL projects that enable data science projects run by the Civis consulting practice and Civis platform clients.
As the team leader, you’ll exercise your passion for both solving complex client data challenges and mentoring and developing members of your team. You will set data architecture standards for Civis. You will work collaboratively across the organization to continuously identify and drive data process and product improvements. With clients, you and your team will interpret their business and functional requirements into optimized design to enable successful business insights and results.
We are looking for individuals from a diversity of backgrounds with demonstrated quantitative and problem-solving skills. We value creativity, hard work, and on-the-job-excellence and offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science or engineering field
- 7+ years designing and implementing scalable ETL processes and data pipelines
- 3+ years experience leading & managing an effective team
- Proven ability to effectively communicate and partner with internal and external stakeholders
- Expertise designing, integrating, and maintaining large relational databases
- Experience developing successful software solutions for complex data challenges
- Strong SQL proficiency with ability to write complex SQL
- Familiarity with advanced statistics and modeling concepts
- Graduate degree in a science or engineering field
- Experience with AWS products, such as Redshift and S3
- Expertise with PostgreSQL
- Expertise in Python or another scripting language
- Experience with Docker
- Experience in Data Governance
- Experience working with media, political, geographic, and/or social networking data
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.