Position: Windows/ VMWare administrator
Reports to: Director of IMT Operations
Responsibilities (Not limited to those listed below)
- Install, configure, and manage all aspects of the VMware Vsphere environment including creating virtual machines, installing new ESXi hosts, datastore creation and maintenance, P2V’s, and troubleshooting performance issues
- Routine maintenance in an Active Directory environment
- Deployment of Windows Infrastructure services
- Deliver system performance enhancements to existing systems
- Deployment of new Infrastructure for Datacenters
- Support encompasses OS, Server and Client side applications, e-mail, active directory, DNS, SAN, some network services, associated hardware and other relevant IT services.
- Manage and support server applications, hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot networked applications and OS related issues.
- Generate Operations Reports related to system capacity and utilization.
- Provide support for QA & Technical Support staff.
- Schedule and perform regular systems maintenance.
- Perform data backup operations, and maintain the backup systems.
- Manage and complete assigned tasks and tickets in a timely and proficient manner
- You will be required to be on-call.
Requirements (including any relevant education, knowledge and experience):
- Minimum of 2 years as a VMware Admin.
- Minimum of 2 years of Enterprise level Windows server OS support, including active directory and DNS.
- Minimum of 2 years hands on working with networked applications over IP.
- Strong working understanding of TCP/IP, routers, switches, firewalls, LAN and WAN functionality.
- VMware ESXi 5.1, 5.5, 6 experience required.
- SAN expertise a strong plus, not required
- Cisco Nexus 1000v or 1010 a plus, not required
- Scripting experience a plus, not required
- Exchange mail experience a plus, not required.
- Systems security experience a strong plus, not required.
- An excellent reputation for support to end-users must be demonstrated.
- Excellent decision making ability
- An ability to work in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills are required
- Ability to meet deadlines with Projects and Assignments
- Ability to learn and support new technologies and train others
- College degree preferred or equivalent
Excellent Pay with Experience
R+L Carriers offers an excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits package that includes Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matching contributions, Paid Vacation & Holidays, and free vacation lodging at our exclusive employee resorts in Daytona Beach, FL, Big Bear Lake, CA and Pigeon Forge, TN.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.