Cisco Systems, Inc.
Additional Location(s) or Information: San Jose, CA only
Job Category: Services
Level of Experience: Entry Level
Requisition #: R1022090
What You'll Do
As a Data Scientist, you will work with algorithms for information extraction at scale and strategies for dealing with heterogeneous, unfiltered data sets from diverse sources. You will also Design, develop and maintain machine-learning models that focus on big data on network and IoT.
Who You'll Work With
The Cisco Services Software, Systems, & Operations (SSO) is transforming the future of the world's networks through advanced software development. Our software products and technology are behind many of the world's most innovative businesses, leading Cisco's growth in multiple markets. SSO develops products that leverage technologies from leading-edge capabilities like big data, analytics, virtualization, the InterCloud, and security. Pioneering agile methodology, SSO is building a customer-centric culture with self-contained and motivated teams that have clear visibility to our customers.
Our team, SSO Cognitive Systems, defines a strategic direction related to data to value technologies across the Cisco Services organization. The Cognitive Systems team develops systems of insights in the area of IoT, Cloud, Data Center, Network and Service Provider. We are excited to have you join our team of experienced data scientists to work on projects that have global impact on the Cisco Services organization. In these projects, data scientists collaborate very closely with the business strategy, product management as well as engineering and the execution teams.
Who You Are
You will work with algorithms for information extraction at scale and strategies for dealing with heterogeneous, unfiltered data sets from diverse sources You will design, develop and maintain machine-learning models that focus on big data on network and IoT.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
• B.S, M.S. in a relevant technical field or 2+ years experience in a relevant role
• 2+ years of experience in building large scale, high performance, high availability systems
• Experience with NLP and Big Data technologies (Hadoop and other frameworks in Hadoop ecosystem, Elasticsearch, etc.)
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, able to communicate with all levels of SSO internal technology teams and business
• Statistical modeling experience
• Experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches, operations research and optimization algorithms
• Fluency and facility with one or more of the following programming languages: Java, Scala, Python, or C++.
• Knowledge of analytic tools such as R, Matlab, or SAS
• Background in natural language processing and/or machine learning, Deep Learning and Neural Networks
• Strong Computer Science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures)
• Passion for answering hard questions with data
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
#NLP #machinelearning #Deeplearning #AI #Analytics #datascientist #neuralnetworks
Job Type: Entry Level
Opportunity Category: Services
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.