About ZapLabs LLC
ZapLabs ( www.zaplabs.com ) is the innovation and technology hub for global real estate leader Realogy Holdings Corp. (NYSE: RLGY), and the driving force behind inventive technology for brokers and agents affiliated with Realogy’s world renowned real estate brands. ZapLabs delivers its highly effective consumer, sales associate and broker solutions in support of Realogy’s leading franchise brands and is positioned to expand the scope of its technology development efforts to encompass Realogy’s other business segments, including residential brokerage, relocation and settlement services. ZapLabs is headquartered in Emeryville, California.
Job Title: Junior Data Engineer
You’re a dedicated software engineer who’s ready to help our growing team build data pipelines at scale. You’re excited about seizing a unique opportunity to join a small team that is building a distributed systems based architecture for processing data and creating the insights that will drive our business. You’re interested in joining a team that’s passionate about making data-driven decisions and mining data for actionable insights – and you’ve got the talent to help us make that happen.
You’ll participate in the implementation of the entire data pipeline, from capturing and storing data to processing that data using Apache Spark and making it available to other team members. You’ll work closely with data scientists and engineers to design and maintain scalable data models and pipelines. You’ll help develop the architecture and standards for our business metric warehouse and the corresponding reports and data visualization tools built from it. Lastly and most importantly, you’ll need to be extremely curious and expected to learn constantly!
Skills, accomplishments, or interests you should have:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and industry experience; MS preferred
- Ability to write high-quality code in Scala, Python, or Java
- Experience writing, debugging, and optimizing SQL queries
- Understanding of MapReduce and “big data” tools like Pig, Hive, or Spark
- Ability to communicate clearly in English
Nice to haves:
- Experience building complex ETLs, Data Warehousing or custom pipelines from multiple datasources
- Expert in building, testing, and optimizing production-quality reporting/analytics
- Comfortable developing in Python, Clojure, or similar language
- Familiarity with Apache Spark, Hadoop, or similar data processing architectures
- Knowledge of Statistics and/or Machine Learning Familiarity with columnar data stores
- Experience with data processing technologies such as Hadoop, Storm, Spark, Onyx, Hive/PIG, etc.
- Extensive LOTR or Star Wars knowledge
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Realogy Holdings Corp. and its subsidiaries are committed to providing equal employment opportunity (“EEO”) and will make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, sexual preference, gender identity or gender expression, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws and regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws and regulations. Under the Americans with Disabilities Act and other applicable laws Realogy will provide reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants upon request during the application process to ensure equal opportunities to be considered for employment.
To learn more about Realogy and the accomplishments of our brands, log on to www.realogy.com . #LI-LY1
Realogy Holdings Corp. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its hiring and business practices. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.