Hewlett Packard Enterprise
ITSM Data Integration Engineer-1583249
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Services Information Technology Outsourcing (ITO) has a comprehensive Infrastructure Services portfolio that produces better business outcomes for our clients by reducing costs, enabling growth and managing risk. HPE ES ITO combines years of innovative technology and research with a broad portfolio and global reach to deliver superior value to our clients.
For more than 50 years, we have built a strong reputation of industry expertise and delivering the best client experience in the industry. Our clients rely on HPE as a partner they can trust to deliver mission-critical services and value to their enterprise.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual for the role of Enterprise Monitoring Technical Consultant . This person will be joining the team responsible for delivering and supporting IT System, Application and Business process monitoring solutions for Hewlett Packard Enterprise ITO clients. This individual will ensure that a given client’s hardware, operating systems, software systems and applications are properly monitored utilizing a variety of monitoring tools and a basic programming / scripting skillset. As a subject matter expert, it also requires the ability to work on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. This expert will also be responsible for mentoring and guiding less experienced employees. Additionally, it may be required to interact with internal and external clients for requirements gathering and solution proposal.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for delivery of assigned tasks within the delivery cycle of a project.
- Understands a broad spectrum of the company's technology in order to deliver part of a detailed technical design, which meets customer requirements.
- Tasks may include installing new systems applications; updating applications, firmware, and drivers; creating boundaries for as well as performing configuration and testing activities; applications programming for assigned modules within a larger program; assisting in the preparation of technical presentations and demonstrations; and participating in customer meetings.
- Works with minimal direction from the technical lead and with customer nominated representatives to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Contributes to design for specific deliverables and assists in the development of technical solutions.
- Leads or provides expertise in triage and incident management with collection and analysis of performance metrics as-required to diagnoses complex system problems and in collaboration with other technology professionals to determine root cause in a timely manner, following ITIL incident, problem and change management processes and internal best practices related to technology infrastructure being supported.
- Participates as part of a team and maintains good relationships with team members and customers.
- Understands the company strategy and the role that the individual plays.
- Uses knowledge tools and re- uses information for the benefit of projects, and of professional development.
- Uses and contributes to technical forums within the company environment and local professional communities and technical user groups.
What do we expect?
- 3 – 5 years of technical experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, two additional years of relevant professional experience (5-7 years in total).
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Minimum of 3 years of Windows / Linux administration experience (including Solaris and RedHat Linux) in an enterprise environment demonstrating strong technical abilities with administration of the OS.
- Experience developing and providing the ongoing support for applications or interfaces developed in PERL
- Experience designing and using SQL for data extraction, transformation and enrichment
- Proficient in the use and administration of CLI on Linux and Windows systems.
- Experience with Enterprise monitoring and management tools
- Experience with IT Service Management systems (HP Service Manager, HP Service Center, Remedy, ServiceNow or other equivalent system or tool).
• Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
- Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
- Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
- Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
- HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
- What do we offer?
- Extensive social benefits, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
- If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
- You can also find us on:
Job – Services
Primary Location – United States-Idaho-Boise
Other Locations – United States-Texas-Plano, United States-Virginia-Clarksville, United States-Michigan-Pontiac, United States-Texas-El Paso, United States-West Virginia-Charleston
Schedule – Full-time
Shift – Day Job
Travel – No
Job Posting – Nov 3, 2016
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
EEO Tagline Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.