Support.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: SPRT) is the leading provider of cloud-based software and services to deliver next-generation technical support. Support.com helps leading brands in software, electronics, communications, retail, Internet of Things (IoT) and other connected technology industries deepen their customer relationships. Customers want technology that works the way it's intended. By using Support.com software and services, companies can deliver a fantastic customer experience, leading to happier customers, greater brand loyalty and growing revenues.
The IT Operations Engineer is responsible for maintaining the health and availability of our IT systems and providing technical support to our corporate users. We are seeking a dynamic individual with broad, hands-on technical experience in an enterprise IT environment. This role is equal parts system administration and end user support so the ideal candidate will have a customer service focus as well as the desired technical skills. To succeed in this role would generally require that a candidate has a minimum of 3 years' experience working in an enterprise IT environment in a senior end user support or system administrator role, ideally supporting more than 150 users.
- Maintain and administer all corporate IT servers, network equipment, enterprise applications and SaaS solutions.
- Provision new hire accounts in Active Directory and other systems. Maintain inventory of new hire equipment and configure them as needed.
- Proactively monitor and assess systems for utilization, capacity, and functionality, and provide timely response and resolution to system-generated alerts.
- Monitor ticket queue and resolve end-user issues related to PC and Mac hardware/OS, smartphones, networking, projectors, video conference systems desktop and SaaS applications.
- Create and maintain documentation about corporate systems, policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with other Operations teams and Engineering on projects and incidents.
- Must be available for work outside normal business hours due to emergencies, off-hours maintenance, and on-call rotation.
- Windows Server 2008/2012 and Linux (various distros) system administration with the ability to install, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, and manage security of operating systems.
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of all aspects of Active Directory 2008 and higher, in a globally distributed environment. This includes understanding replication topologies, Group Policy, security best practices, and FSMO roles. Must also have experience with AD-integrated services including DNS, DHCP, NPS, and Certificate Services.
- Experience implementing and/or maintaining an Exchange 2010 or higher environment, including knowledge of clustering and High-Availability technologies, disaster recovery, and mobile access using ActiveSync and Outlook Anywhere.
- Experience with virtualization technologies, specifically VMware vSphere 5 and higher.
- Expert level knowledge in troubleshooting and maintaining PC and Mac hardware, software, and common desktop applications such as MS Office suite, browsers, anti-malware tools.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to “know your audience.”
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment that requires quick turnaround and quality output.
Additional Skills and Experience Desired
- Unified communications, VoIP, and video conferencing experience. (ShoreTel, BlueJeans, Citrix specifically)
- Atlassian products — Confluence, Jira, HipChat
- Experience administering Zeta cloud backups.
- Proven ability to implement scripting and/or tools to automate tasks.
- Enterprise storage experience (i.e. SAN, NAS, Cloud, Virtual SAN, iSCSI, Fiber). Experience with Dell Compellent storage preferred.
- A Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, computer science, management information systems, or a related field preferred. For the right candidate, we will consider an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Current, relevant industry certifications such as MCITP, VCP, CCNA a plus.
Support.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.