University of Massachusetts Medical School
UMass Medical School’s Information Technology Innovation Internship program is designed to provide exceptional opportunities for talented students and to strengthen UMMS’ technology ecosystem through the innovative ideas and infectious energy of the interns. The IT Intern will get an opportunity to collaborate with a dynamic team of dedicated individuals committed to delivering forward thinking solutions with a focus on continuous improvement and advancing the health and well-being of the people in Massachusetts and the world through ground-breaking development in education, research and health care delivery.
It’s an exciting time to be at UMass Medical School! U.S. News & World Report ranks UMass Medical School 12th in the country for primary care, and this internship will provide a unique opportunity to learn and gain valuable skills in an elite academic and research institution that is among the most affordable in the country.
We are looking for a high energy Internet of Things (IOT) Visualization Intern to combine various data center IT and infrastructure stats to build a real time data center dashboard inspired by former Ebay inc's Data Center Chief Dean Nelson's Digital Service Efficiency dashboard. This project would potentially be able to provide the university with an awesome tool that could be used to quantify the business side of our infrastructure operations.
- Utilize innovative ideas and approaches to assist in the development of working models to serve the needs of our faculty, students and researchers
- Complete a project from start to finish and write-up and present the work product to the UMass community
- Participate in team projects
- Conduct online research
- Perform other duties as required
- Must be a currently enrolled student in a higher education institution or recent graduate
- Solid analytical and communication skills
- Attention to detail with the ability to collect and record information from a wide variety of sources
- Must be reliable and able to set consistent work hours
- Proven interest in IT and passion in furthering the mission of UMMS
- Must have above average academic performance
- Expert in scripting/programing in Ruby and Html or other dashboard languages
- Ability to understand and utilize open source tools such as Freeboard, Dashing and others
- Familiarity with IT Networks and Systems
- Be self-motivated and work independently
This is paid internship
Duration: 3-6 months
Major: We will consider all majors
Transportation: Should have his/her own means of transportation
Letter of Interest: Please provide 1 page summary on topic: “Why should I be chosen for this position”
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.