IOT Test Engineer – Corporate
Honeywell is transforming from a traditional industrial company to a contemporary digital industrial business, harnessing the power of cloud, big data/analytics, Internet of things, and design thinking. We are leading change that brings value to our customers, partners, and shareholders through the creation of innovative software and data-driven products and services. Honeywell IT is at the forefront of this change and we are looking for a team member who thrives on challenging the status quo, embraces new technology and intelligent risk taking, has passion for innovation, is results-oriented and excels in a fast paced environment.
The IOT team will engineer contemporary architecture and services, constructing solutions that remain scalable, adaptable and replicable. Our goal is to provide a foundation for our businesses to innovate faster and drive our competitive advantage. As a member of the Honeywell IOT team, the candidate will be responsible for incorporating test principles into the design, development and implementation of applications built on our enterprise Internet of Things (IOT) core platform services. He/she will be part of transforming our IT organization through the delivery of our enterprise technology products, and directly impact our growth. The IoT test engineer's responsibilities will be focused on the developing test plans, automation scripts and infrastructure to validate the quality of applications built against the IoT platform.
You will be given the opportunity to take your proven experience and…
– Ensure quality throughout all aspects of the user experience by testing software functions, interfaces, workflows and APIs
– Develop and implement test plans and test cases, write test code, verify code changes and bug fixes, and perform stress tests.
– Maintain continuous delivery automation test suite
– Collaborate with developers to ensure they understand application goals and end user requirements, as well as designing testability into the applications
– Define acceptance criteria, access product quality and release readiness, and deliver feedback to team members
– Reproduce, debug and isolate problems and verify fixes
– Assist with troubleshooting and resolving IoT device solutions
– Continuing to remain current on the latest IoT technology
– Research and deploy new tools and technologies to increase the quality and verification of the IOT applications
YOU MUST HAVE
– Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related discipline – OR – IN LIEU OF DEGREE, a HS Diploma or GED equivalent with 4 years of related cloud software development experience.
– Possess solid understanding of software development fundamentals
– Experience with contemporary development tools such as Git, continuous integration, automated testing frameworks, etc
– Working knowledge of management tools such as SharePoint, Jira, Rally, Clarity PPM
– Experience working in DevOps model
– Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
– Actively collaborates with engineers and peer teams, voluntarily shares information
– Passionate about learning new technologies and creating innovative solutions
– Self-directed and able to troubleshoot and solve problems independently as well as a team
• 10% travel with the opportunity for worldwide travel
• Continuous personal development
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.