Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
Join the team that's transforming the way the world communicates.
As a global leader in fixed, mobile and converged broadband access, carrier and enterprise IP technologies, applications, and services, Nokia offers the end-to-end solutions that enable compelling communications services for people at home, at work and on the move
Job Position Summary Description:
We are seeking highly motivated architect to provide technical leadership for Nokia’s SmartCity, Automotive Fleet, Utilities and Public Safety Internet of Things solutions. The architect is an expert within IoT and device management domains and can lead the discussions with the end customer to define requirements and solution ensure successful integration of the Nokia IoT platform components into an overall solution with the customer’s OSS/BSS systems. The IoT Solutions Architect provides pre-sales technical direction and implementation support.
Key Responsibilities / Functions:
- Provides pre-sales technical direction, RFx responses, estimations.
- Responsible for solution design: Collaborate with internal and external customers by providing customer use case analysis, business model analysis, engineering and design of technical solutions, technical presentations, and technical consultation to internal and external customers.
- Responsible to keep up with IoT technology trends and be able to relate those trends with Nokia IoT solutions
Required Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
- 5+ years of experience within professional services.
- 5+ years of experience across multiple service domains: IPTV, HSI, VoIP, Mobile, Enterprise/Business, PSTN, Security
- 5+ years of experience with network architecture for the above service domains
- Experience with OSS/BSS applications
- Working knowledge of network, communications and wireless standards/protocols
- Strong knowledge of software and web services development including Java, SOAP, REST
- Strong knowledge of M2M device OEMs and their products and capabilities
- Data center outsourcing (application hosting)
- Knowledge of storage and network/cloud computing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to handle stressful situations in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Good negotiation, interpersonal, customer interfacing, leadership and management skills
- Ability to work independently, ability to adapt quickly, positive attitude
- Degree (BS or higher) in a technical field (CS, EE, etc.)
Desired Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
- Knowledge of database,/data warehouse technologies, Business Intelligence tools
- Previous working experience with M2M/IoT solutions
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.