IoT Sales Executive
As a global leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, Autodesk helps people imagine, design, and create a better world. Autodesk accelerates better design through an unparalleled depth of experience and a broad portfolio of software to give customers the power to solve their design, business, and environmental challenges. In addition to designers, architects, engineers, and media and entertainment professionals, Autodesk helps students, educators, and casual creators unlock their creative ideas through user-friendly applications.
About the Group and the Role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join Autodesk as it enters the IoT (Internet of Things) market.
In order to continue on our growth path and evolve to a cloud/SaaS model, the Company has recently acquired SeeControl, a powerful, yet easy to implement IoT platform.
As an early and key member of the Autodesk IoT sales team, you will own responsibility for growing Fusion Connect product and consulting revenues and working collaboratively with a cross functional team for this ‘startup within a large company’. The excitement and opportunities of a startup, with the resources and funding of a large company.
As one of the IoT first Sales Executives, you will be responsible for developing a sales strategy for and achieving quarterly and annual business plan goals. The IoT sales team is expected to scale rapidly and therefore there will be excellent career opportunities for those who join the team at the outset and who are successful. IoT is, by definition, a solution that involves multiple customer stakeholders. Therefore, it is important that candidates have strong, demonstrable experience of genuine solution sales which involve business process improvement discussions at all levels of the customer’s business and across multiple departments; Candidates should also possess the sales acumen to navigate a competitive and sometimes political sales cycle. In addition to relevant experience of selling solutions to LOB, previous experience selling SaaS will be seen as a plus.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for pro-actively instigating and leading IoT sales campaigns to existing Autodesk customers and to targeted prospects within a given territory/country.
- Qualifying inbound opportunities for use case fit and deal progression.
- Develop new sales opportunities by via traditional and modern selling efforts
- Provides accurate price quotations, effective negotiations and sets margins as per approved pricing guidelines and policies.
- Liaise and work with departments within Autodesk (e.g. Operations, Legal Department) to achieve desired business results.
- Work with inside/telesales and SEs to develop and execute a territory plan
- Develop and maintain good regional knowledge including competitors and builds and executes on a plan to grow territory revenues.
- Develop and update the sales forecast and pipeline in Salesforce on a weekly basis.
- Make contributions to Autodesk outside of Account(s)/territory, for example: participates on core team, brings new idea into business and develops sales tools or new approaches.
Desired Skills and attributes:
- Proven track-record in direct enterprise software sales, with multi-year achievement against personal quota. Comfortable and confident dealing at senior management level, selling business value and business process improvement rather than a simple technology/price sell.
- Experience working with partners in potentially complex sales cycles
- Fast learner comfortable in a new and non-structured environment (startup experience is a plus)
- Self-starter that can figure things out with minimal guidance
- Able to handle a mix of new business activities including prospecting with long term account planning and management of a small number of key accounts.
- Must be credible with other ADKS sales teams and partners, to enable strong working partnerships.
- Experience selling into the Manufacturing and/or field service industry is preferred
- Results oriented, strong verbal and written communication skills, self-aware, strong business ethics, with a natural ability and motivation to build strong customer relationships.
- Flexibility to work outside standard work hours for home time zone.
- Degree qualified.
- Must be willing and able to travel as needed to achieve objectives.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.