VMware is expanding our Internet of Things (IoT) technology solutions. VMware’s IoT products and technologies under development but have not yet been publicly announced. This role will play a critical position in defining and driving the product strategy for building and scaling the IoT business at VMware- engaging with customers and partners, partnering with R&D teams and driving roadmap execution.
Strategic thinking, knowledge of the IoT ecosystem and clear communication are required for success in this role. This will entail working with the respective Engineering, Product Marketing, and go-to-market teams internally to drive the successful execution of VMware’s IoT technology roadmap and strategy. The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills and the ability to represent IoT customers and the IoT team well in front of senior executives, and be able to travel.
Desirable Experience / Capabilities:
- 5+ years product management experience on a complex and technical software project of significant scope.
- Management experience building and leading a successful team of product managers is a plus.
- Expertise on existing Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) or Platform-as-a-Service cloud technologies
- Deep understanding of IoT ecosystem, including competitors, partners, and technology solutions
- Familiarity with recent innovations in software development and operations practices, including continuous integration/continuous deployment.
- Strategic thinker with experience presenting solutions to senior-level audiences
- Strong technical knowledge enterprise/IoT IT solutions including both consumption and operational tasks.
- Strong desire and ability to connect with customers, understand their challenges, and communicate a vision for how VMware products can address those challenges.
- Experience taking early stage products from concept through early go-to-market.
- Strong communication skills across verbal, written, and presented content.
- Strong interpersonal skills dealing with executive leadership, peers, and team members.
- Strong analytical reasoning skills and a bias toward data-driven decision-making, combined with solid business judgment
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering or related technology field. MBA desired
- 8-10+ years of work experience in technology industry or function
- Consulting experience or equivalent business strategy work
- Deep experience with product lifecycle process & management – from roadmap to execution
- Prior leadership/management experience preferred
- Proven ability to drive cross-functional alignment and execution in new areas with tight timelines
- High energy and comfort working in a fast-paced, start-up style environment
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.