Cisco Systems, Inc.
Additional Location(s) or Information:
Job Category: Marketing
Level of Experience: Experienced – Manager
Requisition #: R1021122
The Director, Product & Solutions Marketing for IoT Portfolio is responsible for products, solutions, and portfolio-based business and marketing strategy and execution.
This role requires the ability to develop effective marketing strategies, create compelling and hard-hitting content, and drive impactful execution across diverse business requirements, as well as build strong partnerships across multiple IoT business groups and executives at all levels of the organization. It also requires driving cross-portfolio value propositions and alignment across global and regional sales, channel and marketing strategies and teams. The position will report to the VP, Enterprise Solutions Marketing.
This role requires strong background in IoT solutions as well as a passion and track record in marketing innovation, driving change and delivering results.
• Lead and develop market, business and marketing strategies and plans.
• Drive cross-portfolio positioning and messaging by target audiences and buying centers, with strong competitive context.
• Drive cross-portfolio strategy and execution, leveraging the strength of the portfolio when needed while promoting specific products and solutions when business opportunities and competitive pressures arise
• Publicly represent Cisco with customers, partners and larger audiences to communicate our product and business value, and educate customers, prospects and partners about Cisco’s IoT solutions and market strategy
• Drive Cisco leadership and engagements with market influencers, including industry and business press, industry and investor analysts (e.g., Gartner, Forrester). Drive strong digital market presence, through traditional and innovative social efforts.
• Develop and maintain a deep understanding of market dynamics, competitive landscape and go to market strategies in target markets and target audiences
• Develop seller enablement strategy, content and execution related to new solutions, including customer-facing presentations, case studies, interactive content, and industry-specific value propositions
• Coordinate integrated marketing campaign efforts jointly across the marketing teams in corporate and in the regions. Campaign responsibilities include identification of solution(s) to be promoted, market segmentation, messaging for differentiation, promotions and more.
• Identify and drive launches and market introductions execution strategy (including recommended sales, channels, analyst and press relations communications strategy, lead generation and market segments to address)
• Very strong understanding of the IoT market, technologies, competitors and customer buying behaviors
• Track record in driving market impact through effective market strategy and execution
• Strong marketing creativity and innovation with demonstrable market impact in previous roles
• Experienced in taking complex technology concepts and simplifying their value propositions
• Ability to drive both business and technical strategies and conversations with a wide range of audiences – from technical leaders to business decision makers
• Multi-year experience in a similar role in other technology companies, including leading 15+ people teams and influencing across senior executive levels internally and externally
• Demonstrated ability to lead, communicate effectively, influence and work across organizational boundaries and executives, and build relationship with executives at all levels
• Strong analytical skills, ability to develop business and marketing strategies based on analytics as well as set and track clear measurable goals of success.
• Outstanding communication and presentation skills
• Experienced in marketing to Customers in Enterprise, Public Sector, Commercial & Mid-Market
• Bachelor’s degree in related field. MBA preferred
• Willing to travel (20%)
• Embraces change and can adapt quickly to the needs of the business
Job Type: Manager
Opportunity Category: Internet of Everything, Big Data, Data Center, Cloud
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.