IOT Lead Software Engineer – Corporate
Honeywell is transforming from a traditional industrial company to a contemporary digital industrial business, harnessing the power of cloud, big data/analytics, Internet of things, and design thinking. We are leading change that brings value to our customers, partners, and shareholders through the creation of innovative software and data-driven products and services. Honeywell IT is at the forefront of this change and we are looking for a team member who thrives on challenging the status quo, embraces new technology and intelligent risk taking, has passion for innovation, is results-oriented and excels in a fast paced environment.
The IOT team will engineer contemporary architecture and services, constructing solutions that remain scalable, adaptable and replicable. Our goal is to provide a foundation for our businesses to innovate faster and drive our competitive advantage. As a member of the Honeywell IOT team, the candidate will be responsible for leading the service team in the design, development and implementation of our enterprise Internet of Things (IOT) core platform services. He/she will be part of transforming our IT organization through the delivery of our enterprise technology products, and directly impact our growth. The IoT Services Lead developer’s responsibilities will be focused on the agile development of an IoT platform while collaborating with our data, connectivity, application and product teams.
You will be given the opportunity to take your proven experience and…
– Develop and implement massively scalable, fault-tolerant (24×7 no downtime, highly available) IoT Platform for managing IoT Gateways, Sensors and Actuators
– Build highly scalable, distributed services that run in public, private and hybrid cloud infrastructures to support IoT
– Test and deploy every aspect of IoT solution
– Create technical and configuration documentation for all users (product team members, business engineers, etc.) in compliance with internal and external guidelines and policies
– Support IoT platform utilization services
– Work with Product Management Deployment Services to successfully deploy services
– Assist with troubleshooting and resolving IoT device solutions
– Participate in the analysis, configuration, support and ongoing maintenance of the IoT platform
– Participate in oversight of technology upgrade
– Be a Subject Matter Expert for teams performing device analysis and certification processes with integration to IoT product solutions
– Manage schedule and be accountable to deliverables in a fast paced agile environment
– Contribute to the architecture design of Honeywell’s enterprise IoT core services platform
– Act as a technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) to product management and deployment teams, customer teams, and third party business partners and technology organizations
– Continuing to remain current on the latest IoT technology
– Research and deploy new tools and technologies to build a sustainable IoT platform
YOU MUST HAVE
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related discipline AND 2 years experience in cloud software development: designing, developing & debugging scalable solutions – OR – IN LIEU OF DEGREE, a HS Diploma or GED equivalent AND 4 years of related cloud software development experience with an additional 2 years experience in cloud software development: designing, developing & debugging scalable solutions
– Possess solid understanding of software development fundamentals
– Experience with contemporary development tools such as Git, continuous integration, automated testing frameworks, etc
– Working knowledge of management tools such as SharePoint, Jira, Rally, Clarity PPM
– Experience working in DevOps model
– Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment
– Actively collaborates with engineers and peer teams, voluntarily shares information
– Passionate about learning new technologies and creating innovative solutions
– Self-directed and able to troubleshoot and solve problems independently as well as a team
• 10% travel with the opportunity for worldwide travel
• Continuous personal development
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit tinyurl.com.